How is COVID-19 affecting you?

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Skynet
Site Admin

Re: How is COVID-19 affecting you?

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:54 pm
Skynet wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:45 pm How's the toilet paper? Because of Victoria people are panic buying again here. :rofl: The TP aisle in Coles was almost completely empty on Friday
:olol:

I still have plenty but the day before the panic buying started up again I grabbed another 45 rolls of Quilton for $20 from Amazon, so I'm set for the year.

There was still plenty of TP at Coles and Aldi on Friday night when I went shopping. Might be more of a inner suburb problem here.
Yeah we still have heaps (not that we were hording) as we just got an extra packet every so often, so we've been fine.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

We are pretty much back to normal here. Everyone has gone back to work at both my wife’s job and mine. What’s more alarming is that everyone basically acts as if the virus is completely gone. Unless your over 65 or are an employee, wearing a mask in public will get you dirty looks or snide comments from people. It’s like masks are the left’s version of MAGA hats.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Well, you'll get the last laugh when they're all hospitalized.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It is kind of funny seeing the response of Australia at Victoria getting 40 new cases a day for the past few days, compared to the US who are getting 30+k a day.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:56 pm We are pretty much back to normal here. Everyone has gone back to work at both my wife’s job and mine. What’s more alarming is that everyone basically acts as if the virus is completely gone. Unless your over 65 or are an employee, wearing a mask in public will get you dirty looks or snide comments from people. It’s like masks are the left’s version of MAGA hats.
Yeah, about the same over here. :frown: I've seen almost any demographic wearing or not wearing a mask, young and old. Everyone seems to be divided about 50/50 and no one seems to comment or care either way. Most workers I've seen in person is wearing masks.

Some of us have been going back into work because we moved buildings, so we had to pack stuff up for the movers. There are still lots of people working from home, and we might never go back to working 100% at the office. The boss says she's only heard good things about our workflow and no one has noticed any difference from us working at home. I usually work at home in the morning, get ready over the lunch hour, and work at the office in the afternoon. Mask wearing has been very lax at work, but I'd also mention that there's 5-6 people working in 5,000 ft² (485 m²).

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

California is already scaling back and San Francisco is looking at reinstating the shelter in place order.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Why in the FUCK ARE PEOPLE BUYING ALL THE MILK NOW?
how is there a shortage of milk in an area not affected.
When I'm coughing up a lung with a cold or flu, the last thing in the world I want is 5 litres of milk...
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

large dairies started it, they must have said milk cures all

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Milk and phlegm :vomit:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

We're all back at work now. The mayor said all city employees needed to be back working full-time from the office last Friday. There hasn't been a large wave of cases here in Anytown U.S.A., but some of us are waiting for a big surge with everyone going back to work and school.