Halo Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Halo Thread

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I played some Halo 1 over the weekend, it's just as janky and weird as I remember it but damn it if I didn't hold my own in slayer. It's fun stuff, but I can't wait for 2 and 3 to come out.

I'm an old gamer now, I can't compete at these new shooters. It doesn't help that my friends like playing Rainbow Six: Siege, which is like advanced calculus compared to Halo 1's elementary school math.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:26 am It doesn't help that my friends like playing Rainbow Six: Siege, which is like advanced calculus compared to Halo 1's elementary school math.
R6 isn't bad so long as you know where people peek from and the tight angles. Knowing that really helps.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:02 pm
pixel wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:26 am It doesn't help that my friends like playing Rainbow Six: Siege, which is like advanced calculus compared to Halo 1's elementary school math.
R6 isn't bad so long as you know where people peek from and the tight angles. Knowing that really helps.
Absolutely, I play a lot better on maps that I know. I've been picking operators that offer a more passive skillset like Echo or Dokkaebi, which I prefer.

But I still miss the days of Rainbow Six (1998) where there was only one map. :olol: It was actually the first game that made me join a clan, over on GameRanger on my graphite iMac.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:08 am
Skynet wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:02 pm
Absolutely, I play a lot better on maps that I know. I've been picking operators that offer a more passive skillset like Echo or Dokkaebi, which I prefer.

But I still miss the days of Rainbow Six (1998) where there was only one map. :olol: It was actually the first game that made me join a clan, over on GameRanger on my graphite iMac.
The problem is Siege isn't a R6 game, at least not like the old ones :(

And yeah I'm more about helping the team, than going for kills. That explains my shit KD :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I've greatly overestimated my skills at Halo multiplayer :olol: I'm routinely destroyed when I jump into casual slayer, and it isn't even close. I tried Halo 1 again, but I'd say 1/3 of my spawns were in the same spot where I got killed so I'd be trapped while someone railed on me.

That said, I'm still glad we've got a way to play these without an Xbox. I think I remember local multiplayer/co-op much, much more fondly.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-- Halo: The Master Chief Collection will receive a free Xbox Series optimization update on November 17, Microsoft announced.

The game will run at 120 frames per second in campaign and multiplayer on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, as well as split-screen improvements and display at up to 4K resolution on Xbox Series X.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

- Next flight will have 4v4 PvP and BTB, have all of the same content as the first flight as well, and be open to even more people
- Split-screen is Day 1 on Xbox devices, will be explored on PC post-launch
- Acknowledge co-op and Forge are fundamental to the Halo experience
- Co-op will come in Season 2 (~3 months), Forge will come out in Season 2 (~6 months after launch), #1 priority is meeting quality and stability across all platforms, many technical complexities with Forge, for example
- Still working out details of the specific release day, but absolutely releasing this Holiday, will know release date soon
- Insiders will get an opportunity to get hands on Forge in an upcoming flight
- Talked about delaying the game again, made the decision that it's a live game and wanted to get it out and continue to evolve the game from there
- Current state of development is shutdown/polish period, focus is on reviewing, bugfixing
- More campaign gameplay to come after shutdown mode is over, where they will shift focus to more gameplay capture
- Craig's new hair looks fantastic, allegedly