US Politics Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: US Politics Thread

Post by Bandit »

Pro wrestler Nick Gage has some feelings about the Trump family and Kimberly Guilfoyle he would like to share.

It's the greatest endorsement I've ever seen and Biden should turn it into an ad.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Can't argue with any of this!

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

We all knew when he started being a dumbass on Twitter again it was sign he was going to pull through.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot, what would Rick Martel say about this?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Fat 70 year old with COVID just predicted Biden would die in 2 months if he was elected.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't think they want to run an election against Pence. They've put all of their chips in on this being a referendum on Trump. Pence on the surface is a reasonable candidate. Dig deeper and he would be scarier than Trump because he sincerely hates the LGBTQ community and sincerely wants to end abortion (compared to Trump who pays it lip service but you know he has paid for a dozen abortions in his life.) So they would be better off running against the crazy guy hopped up on steroids and amphetamines pretending he isn't sick.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Pence is peak Midwest moral and religious conservativism, which scares me. He's been responsible for stuff like refusing to support a needle exchange as a small-town HIV outbreak grew.

Regressive policies like this represent the worst of the GOP. I can understand being opposed to a needle exchange under normal circumstances, but it's reckless during a HIV pandemic. The hardline right-wing authoritarianism that Pence represents is bullshit. And then to prescribe that viewpoint as an attempt to protect religious (Christianity) freedom is the cherry on top.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Trump is absolutely a racist that showed his true colors back in 1989 with his behavior towards the Central Park Five. So I'm not saying he is the lesser of two evils. But Trump is beatable when the election is a referendum on Donald Trump. But I would see a lot of independent voters who think Trump is a cunt and responsible for COVID going back to the GOP if Pence was the nominee. And the kind of politician he is wins. McCain lost because everybody in the country hated Republicans after the economy crashed and Romney lost because he was a caricature of the out of touch rich douchebag we all hate. But Pence is closer to the George W. Bush "ah shucks, I'm just a regular guy who loves Jesus and America" that a large part of the country loves. Even liberals like Bush now just because he isn't Donald Trump.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:36 am But Pence is closer to the George W. Bush "ah shucks, I'm just a regular guy who loves Jesus and America" that a large part of the country loves.
I know lots of people that would immediately jump at the chance to vote for a Pence presidency because he's viewed as the ideal steady-handed Christian man. I think, if he was still governor, Pence would've been rode out on a rail like Sam Brownback in Kansas.
Bandit wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:36 amEven liberals like Bush now just because he isn't Donald Trump.
Bush got lucky by getting out of office at the height of the 2007 banking/housing crisis. Plus, he benefits from that warm afterglow of being well liked immediately after 9/11. Polling is still contentious on whether it was right or wrong to invade Iraq.

But in a perfect world, the Bush family would've been a stronger voice for moderate conservatism with a heavy emphasis on pragmatic economic policy. Instead, both father and son became puppets of the neo-cons in 1988 and 2000. But that's a rant I've already gone on too many times. :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's insane that Iraq is up for debate given what we know.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

:olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So I understand you have to be Born in the US. AND at least 35 to be president.

But why is there no cap on age?
Surely once people hit 70, their mind is starting to fade, and many males die in their 70’s.
Y’all should make it so you have to be between 30 and 60 to run. And a sitting president may run again at 64 so that they can serve the full 8 years and retire before they hit 70.

Ideally you’d want someone 40-50 in charge, but when both primary candidates are geriatrics, it doesn’t exactly say FUTURE OF OUR GREAT NATION! :olol:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I agree. But it isn't in the Constitution because they didn't expect people to live this long. George Washington died at 67 and that was considered old age in the 1700s. If you lived to the ages of Trump and Biden you were a feeble old man who had long since retired.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:22 am If you lived to the ages of Trump and Biden you were a feeble old man who had long since retired.
Or you were Rip Van Winkle :olol: