Cyberpunk 2077 thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Well, I'll be happy if the biggest problem at launch are the bugs if the game is still fun to play.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

It sounds like this game will be really fun 6 months from now once it gets some bug updates.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I think I will wait until I get a PS5 to get it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I'll play it for a little bit early just to get a feel of it, then come back to it when the main load of bugs have been squashed.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:00 am I'll play it for a little bit early just to get a feel of it, then come back to it when the main load of bugs have been squashed.
Same :osmile: Amazon had a discounted preorder offer, so I took it. But they're mailing me a physical copy I guess, so I can't wait for my flimsy DVD box with a code inside!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yeah I preordered it from Amazon as well.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

"great" game plagued with bugs... And people thought only Bethesda could pull that feat off.
"impressively" and "truly remarkable" SHOULD NOT and CAN NOT BE USED IN THE SAME FUCKING SENTENCE AS "frustratingly frequent bugs"

If a game is a piece of shit... IT'S A PIECE OF SHIT. At least they have a chance to make it halfway decent with updates. Much like they did with Witcher 3... That was a piece of shit too. fortunately, it got better.

The thing that pisses me off, they started making this game at the same time as PONG. then delayed it to an amount that makes Duke Nukem forever seem like a 1 day delay and after all those 40 years of delays... They still couldn't produce a competent piece of entertainment.

If this was gamings dawn to 2004 they would be broke after delivering a second piece of shit game in a row.
but nope... 11 out of 10! GAME OF THE DECADE!!!

Time to leave this world behind.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I'm more than willing to give my money to CDPR for a buggy mess than one of those Ubisoft/EA abominations like Assassin's Creed or Madden. At least Cyberpunk won't have content walled off by price tiers or loot boxes, although the bugs might make it hard to play all the side missions :olol:

Giving a discount for preordering a bug safari is a breath of fresh air compared to this:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Well business and sales decisions aside. The game is still just as fucking shit and buggy as your EAbisoft lootboxed price tiered shit... But unlike EAbisoft, the game might actually become good in time if the devs history is anything to to by.

Buggy game, no matter how good... you get a 6 out of 10...
Release a game of the year edition that works properly with all the content that should have been in from the start, and you’ll get bumped up to a 9 or 10 out of 10.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:53 am Well business and sales decisions aside. The game is still just as fucking shit and buggy as your EAbisoft lootboxed price tiered shit... But unlike EAbisoft, the game might actually become good in time if the devs history is anything to to by.

Buggy game, no matter how good... you get a 6 out of 10...
Release a game of the year edition that works properly with all the content that should have been in from the start, and you’ll get bumped up to a 9 or 10 out of 10.
That's why I'm surprised that Gamespot even had the gall to give a fairly reasonable 7/10 for a half-baked bug stew. Mainstream games journalists never earned my full respect after Driv3r.

But it's a societal thing that 1-7 means abject shit, 8 is okay, 9 is great, and 10 is GOTY, and I hate it. It even shows up at work when we need to provide feedback to management, people think 5-7 is harsh criticism, and 1-4 only comes from the unsavory malcontents. I wish it was okay to start at 5 as a base point and go from there, rather than be afraid to give anything less than an 8.

I haven't visited sites like IGN.com or watched their content since the Gamecube days, I'd prefer to see the aggregate score on Steam (from people who actually played the game, and who aren't brigading). And really, the best thing to do is waiting 1-2 years after any AAA title comes out and buy the GOTY edition.

Video related:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:08 am I'm more than willing to give my money to CDPR for a buggy mess than one of those Ubisoft/EA abominations like Assassin's Creed or Madden. At least Cyberpunk won't have content walled off by price tiers or loot boxes, although the bugs might make it hard to play all the side missions :olol:

Giving a discount for preordering a bug safari is a breath of fresh air compared to this:

Hey now, the new Madden is good. I'm undefeated with the Ravens so it's clearly pretty fictional or I am the greatest Madden player of all time.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:37 am Hey now, the new Madden is good. I'm undefeated with the Ravens so it's clearly pretty fictional or I am the greatest Madden player of all time.
:olol: It's the latter, no doubt there

So this is fun, I should be able to play the game today at 6 p.m. local time, except Amazon has my printed code arriving tomorrow by 11 p.m. :hyper:

It got here in town at 9:30 a.m., so I'm pretty sure it'll miss today's mail service. I gotta get back into piracy for these AAA games.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

8 million pre-orders, bloody hell.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin