I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
ian
Null Dream Team

Shocking news.

Post by ian »

I quit drinking!!!
I've simply been too busy doing ebay shit, and work, and computers to drink.
I haven't had a drink in like 2 weeks. :oshocked:

I have started again today, (work got cancelled for 2 days) and my tolerance has been greatly affected! I'm half a bottle in to this Jim Beam, and completely fucked.

In the past few weeks I have made some money.. and I really don't know what to do with it. so I'm thinking a major binge.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Shocking news.

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:shock:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I've barely touched a drink.
I've since replaced alcohol with coke.. 5-6 litres a day. Somehow I have only put on a kilo.

But I have been eating just a shit tonne less.

I get to the point and think.. I'm hungry, then remember I haven't eaten for 3 days.
Too busy!!

I have taken up slot cars as a new hobby.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian wrote:I've since replaced alcohol with coke.. 5-6 litres a day.
That's not good.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I don't know what's worse.
4 litres of alcohol a day or 6 of coke. Both have plusses and minuses.

I think I need to find a balance, maybe 3 litres of coke and 1 litre of alcohol per day will be the healthy option.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

How about a couple of litres of water and a few cups of green tea instead?

Or at least switch the Coke to Coke Zero.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I've barely touched a drink.
I've since replaced alcohol with coke.. 5-6 litres a day. Somehow I have only put on a kilo.
First thing - thats great news!!, second thing - thats good too, but 5-6 litres of coke a day is quite a bit. But at least you're drinking less alcohol!!
How about a couple of litres of water and a few cups of green tea instead?

Or at least switch the Coke to Coke Zero.
Ideally the water and green tea, but if you still want coke, Coke Zero (tried it once and personally don't like it) is an option like Zoidy says. Diet Pepsi & Pepsi Max is OK. Do you get Coke Life? (the green can/green labelled Coca-Cola) I don't really like coke too much, but I could drink litres of that.
4 litres of alcohol a day or 6 of coke. Both have plusses and minuses.
Yea thats true, the minuses outweigh the plusses though if I'm being honest. Maybe both in moderation, ie an occasional alcoholic drink and a litre of coke?. I'd try and limit both down if you can. At least you're making a good start so I'd keep on with it and keep your alcohol intact to a minimal amount. Sugar intake too as too much sugar = diabetes or borderline diabetes.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

We did get Coke Life. I read an article that said it's really not that much better than regular Coke. I tend to drink either Pepsi Max or Coke Zero if I'm going to drink it. And 5-6 litres a day is ridiculously stupid. I'll be lucky to drink that in a week.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I have 2 cans of Coke a day so a 12 pack lasts me about a week. But I drink tea, water or Gatorade the rest of the time.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

For me. any of the diet, reduced or no sugar cola's are horrible.
EXCEPT pepsi max.
I had heaps of pepsi max when I lost all that weight. I am lucky we don't get cherry coke here anymore.. If I could get that for $2 a bottle I'd be drinking 10 litres a day easy.

As for the tea thing.. I can't stand tea more than one time in a month. and water has no flavour. I'd drink a lot more milk, but when you've had Kidney Stones because of too much calcium, you kind of don't want that to happen EVER AGAIN!

I'd honestly take severe chest pains and liver shutting down and vomiting blood for 30 years before I'd want Kidney stones for a single day again
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian wrote:I'd drink a lot more milk, but when you've had Kidney Stones because of too much calcium, you kind of don't want that to happen EVER AGAIN!

I'd honestly take severe chest pains and liver shutting down and vomiting blood for 30 years before I'd want Kidney stones for a single day again
You might want to stop drinking that much Coke then.
Carbonated beverage consumption has been linked with diabetes, hypertension, and kidney stones, all risk factors for chronic kidney disease. Cola beverages, in particular, contain phosphoric acid and have been associated with urinary changes that promote kidney stones.
The Painful Side Effect of Soda

Who’s the bad guy in your beverage? Surprise, surprise: it’s fructose, which previous studies have found to be associated with kidney stones. Fructose increases excretion of calcium, oxalate, and uric acid, which contribute to stone formation.

And it isn’t the soda guzzlers and Big Gulp gulpers that are at risk. Participants who drank at least one sugar-sweetened cola per day had a 23% higher risk of developing kidney stones than those who popped open less than one can a week. Artificially sweetened drinks didn’t show any statistically significant trends either way. But punch-sippers’ sugar habits made them 23% more likely to develop stones.

That’s not to say you’re stuck with plain old water if you want to drink a kidney-stone-safe diet. People who drank at least one cup of caffeinated coffee had a 26% lower risk; decaf javaholics were 16% less likely to suffer from stones; and a daily cup of tea slashed risk by 11%. Orange juice, though it’s high in fructose, also cuts risk by 12%, since it’s also rich in stone-mitigating potassium citrate.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

OH NO!!

I don't want kidney stones, so I'm going to water!
-Two Interactive.

ET's Gay Lover
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by ET's Gay Lover »

Isn't it amazing how quickly tolerance for alcoholic beverages dissipates once one ceases consumption. I doubt the value of the effort required to develop such a tolerance any more when my efforts may be undermined by a single month of sobriety. Perhaps social drinking is the lazy man's out.
I do not know what to write as my signature. :dontknow"