Music documentaries/videos/concert topic

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Music documentaries/videos/concert topic

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Faithless made some good music. Their songs have aged really well too.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

If I'm correct the 57 hours of footage would have been the source for the "Let it Be" documentary. I'd imagine there could possibly be some high degree of crossover and overlap with what's already been seen before as I doubt they'd be much mainstream interest in just watching the guys noodling around on their guitars, drums and piano.

They could have went the Beatles Anthology approach and cut it up in like 10-12 parts, but even then say it's 2 hours a piece for each part it's not everything. With a project such as that which is of high historical musical significance in popular music they really should do it justice. Especially with the amount of footage they have to hand.

It's something somebody like Ken Burns would have had a field day with and when it's the making of their last album, them breaking up and live show one of the most popular bands of all time actually captured on film it really should have its due. The trailer looks real good but I think it's one project where a super deluxe edition type treatment would be more fitting in this instance.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:57 am If I'm correct the 57 hours of footage would have been the source for the "Let it Be" documentary. I'd imagine there could possibly be some high degree of crossover and overlap with what's already been seen before as I doubt they'd be much mainstream interest in just watching the guys noodling around on their guitars, drums and piano.

They could have went the Beatles Anthology approach and cut it up in like 10-12 parts, but even then say it's 2 hours a piece for each part it's not everything. With a project such as that which is of high historical musical significance in popular music they really should do it justice. Especially with the amount of footage they have to hand.

It's something somebody like Ken Burns would have had a field day with and when it's the making of their last album, them breaking up and live show one of the most popular bands of all time actually captured on film it really should have its due. The trailer looks real good but I think it's one project where a super deluxe edition type treatment would be more fitting in this instance.
It will probably be wishcasted in editing to make it look like they were still best buds who just had a little problem. But I don't think any of them ever said anything positive about those sessions.

It's 6 hours, so it will definitely show exclusive content.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think they'd be appreciated better today than they were in the 90s.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

They seem to be re-releasing "Let it Be" in a remastered form too

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... les-martin

Wasnt Get Back originally getting a cinematic release so at least it's more footage than what would have been shown in cinemas.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Here's a really good review of it from Pitchfork https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/th ... er-deluxe/

It seems Giles Martin used part of the Spector versions and part of the Let It Be Naked versions mixed in with some alternate takes to make a new version of Let It Be.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

It's funny because on the reissues of John's Plastic Ono Band, Imagine and George's All Things Must Pass they have " de-Spectorized" mixes too. I think there is some criticism of his production style which today is kinda ironic since most songs today are "brick walled" production wise and he was the originator of the more bombastic style of production. Joe Meek also.

When most recording playback devices were mono not the best sound quality wise they had to really turn it up to 11. Plus it gave them their distinctive quality and Brian Wilson took note too which is I think why Smile became such a complicated record because he was following the Spector formula.

But now with mixes it's more so the more acoustic sounding ones which find more favour especially among groups like The Beatles etc. Universal put out a Detroit mix of Marvin's What's Going On too so it's somewhat of a trend to have a more simplistic organic sound. Which is counterproductive in some aspects since as a listener you're not hearing the music as it should sound to how it was originally created by the artist.

I do think with expanded editions of albums they should always include the original mixes. Some CD albums of the 80s were lazily "remastered" in the 2000s by just brick walling them and when some were analog to digital conversions you can hear imperfections in the music which if they were remastered correctly that wouldn't be the case.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »