I don't mean to brag but I just finished Starfox 64 and this is my score....

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

I don't mean to brag but I just finished Starfox 64 and this is my score....

Post by Calavera »

Oh yeah that's right I shot down 159 enemies in the entire game. You think you can beat that? :winner:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: I don't mean to brag but I just finished Starfox 64 and this is my score....

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Very cool.

And that's a nice N64 sunset.

Skynet
Site Admin

Re: I don't mean to brag but I just finished Starfox 64 and this is my score....

Post by Skynet »

I've never even played Starfox :(

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:whoa:

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I just totally smashed my previous low score!

Apparently the record low score is 24. The main difference being that he got 16 on Venom compared to my 27. Also Sector X should have been 0. I must have accidentally got two ships when I was bombing the warp gates.

You know you've played a game way too many times when you start doing stuff like this. :olol:

darc
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by darc »

This has gotta be my favorite N64 game, I was way more into PSX in the 90s and only had a few N64 games and this was one of them. My neighbor and I used to take turns trying to get the medals back in the day, so much time spent playing those levels over and over again.

Recently did the N64Digital mod and got one of those Tribute64 wireless controllers and wasted so much time with StarFox 64 again beating all the routes :D

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Same here, but Star Fox 64 exists in this weird space for me. I don't replay it very often, but it has to be my favorite N64 game.

Cheers Cal, hope you can avoid more bloodshed in the future

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I…never liked Star Fox. I beat Star Fox 64 exactly once, and I don’t think I touched it since. I also tried the original and a couple of the sequels, but I’d say I probably played an hour at most in any of them.

It doesn’t really count, but Star Fox Adventures was way more my jam over the traditional games.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:27 pm I…never liked Star Fox. I beat Star Fox 64 exactly once, and I don’t think I touched it since.
I would say how insane that is but I'll let it slide, after all I've never played a single Zelda game so I can't really talk when it comes to not playing some of the classics.

I played it yet again but this time cleared the data and tried to get the medals on each planet again.

If anybody was wondering(and I know they aren't) I generally play on Normal mode and not Expert. Mainly because it doesn't make it harder it just makes it cheap. From what I can tell it doesn't add more enemies or anything like that. The only difference is your wing breaks off after only a couple of hits. When that happens you get downgraded to the single laser which sucks.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

And another!

Now all I need is Fortuna (easy) Sector X (easy) Titania(probably a pain, I HATE that level) and Sector Z which is the hardest to get a medal on by far in the entire game.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Calavera wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:35 pm
Now all I need is Fortuna (easy) Sector X (easy) Titania(probably a pain, I HATE that level) and Sector Z which is the hardest to get a medal on by far in the entire game.

Now I've got them all but Sector Z. Guess I have to do one more run!

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

And here it is all medals!

And of course Sector Z was the hardest. I had to play it a couple of times. Mostly because stupid Falco,Peppy and Slippy kept blowing up the missiles thus taking away 11 shots from me!

Looking at the time when I first posted I was going for the medal it seems it took me about 2 hours. Not a speedrun by any means but not too bad.