The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by pixel »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Wings > thighs

Although it does look nice from that picture.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I grew up hating thighs, I always thought they were really gross and slimey. A local shop does a great job at seasoning and frying them so that they are actually tasty. I'm stuck in the office over the noon hour, so a delivery driver is on their way with a Thighstop order. Wish me luck :)

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Can't make this up: I'm pretty sure my delivery driver is in the hospital, their last location is the same as the ER :ocry:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I had time to run over myself and try them: They are really fucking good. I got a Louisiana dry rub on a set of three thighs, the meat was just right and I was able to eat them down to the bone without a ton of gristle.

Chicken piece preference is a deeply personal decision. I've always preferred the breast (giggity).

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I’ve hit up USA foods for Cherry Coke.

While there I figured I’d try a couple of other things.

So I got a can of Dr. Pepper cherry. Which tastes exactly like the cherry flavoured cough medicine you’d get as a small child.
A small bag of Funyuns. Which are just like a burger ring with the slight hint that they may have been near an onion at one stage. Also they’re yellow where the superior Burger rings are orange.
And a large Charlston Chew which I can compare to eating 20 curly wurlys at once.

I was going to get a Pez too, as I haven’t seen them here since I wanna say 2001, but then I remembered Pez is disgusting.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:02 pm

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I notice in the commercials they don't say meat anymore, they just say protein. Their cold cuts are certainly softer than any other sandwich I've eaten.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 am So I got a can of Dr. Pepper cherry. Which tastes exactly like the cherry flavoured cough medicine you’d get as a small child.
Yeah, adding flavors to Dr. Pepper is hard. The only one I've ever really liked is vanilla, but I also love soda floats.
ian wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 am A small bag of Funyuns.
I've felt like Funyuns were stingy on flavor, good to know there are alternatives out there. Those Burger Rings look good.
ian wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 am And a large Charlston Chew which I can compare to eating 20 curly wurlys at once.
Hope it was fresh, a stale Charleston Chew is a damned shame. I buy all three flavors (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla) when I have the chance and keep them in the freezer.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I hate funyuns. They're just hard bread rings with artificial onion powder flavoring. Cherry Coke used to be better, but I'll still drink one occasionally.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Burger Rings are OK but Toobs were better.

Mmmm, saucy.

And funny timing, looks what's finally coming back!

Tasty Toobs: Smiths confirms beloved Aussie chip will return to shelves

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:56 pm I hate funyuns. They're just hard bread rings with artificial onion powder flavoring. Cherry Coke used to be better, but I'll still drink one occasionally.
Agreed, my favorite drink is a Coke mixed with my grenadine

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:41 pm
ian wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 am So I got a can of Dr. Pepper cherry. Which tastes exactly like the cherry flavoured cough medicine you’d get as a small child.
Yeah, adding flavors to Dr. Pepper is hard. The only one I've ever really liked is vanilla, but I also love soda floats.

Back when I was a kid, I loved Dr Pepper. Then one day, I suddenly couldn't STAND it anymore, then shortly after that it disappeared here forever.
I thought it was just my tastes changing at the time but looking back, it was something I loved then I hated suddenly so I'm guessing they changed something and everyone hated what we got instead.
Last time I tried a sip of the normal stuff a few years back now I was indifferent to the real, proper american one.
I figured I'd try the cherry one because the normal stuff I can take or leave TBH, and I LOOOOVE cherry coke. I powered through it, but from the first sip to the last sip, it was exactly like cherry cough medicine but without the after taste.

ian wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 am A small bag of Funyuns.
I've felt like Funyuns were stingy on flavor, good to know there are alternatives out there. Those Burger Rings look good.

If you can find a place to get burger rings, try them. They certainly have a lot more taste than funyuns, and that taste is slightly better too.
ian wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 am And a large Charlston Chew which I can compare to eating 20 curly wurlys at once.
Hope it was fresh, a stale Charleston Chew is a damned shame. I buy all three flavors (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla) when I have the chance and keep them in the freezer.
I don't know a fresh one from a stale one... It was in date and didn't have the white layer that older chocolate tends to get.
but with nothing to compare it too aside from local candies I've had before, I wouldn't know if mine was bad or good.

It was a vanilla one, and it was chewy. I liked it. and for the size to cost, it was really cheap.
I wanted some hersheys bars too. but by the time I saw them I was already at the checkout.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So I've just made/possibly invented a Potato Sandwich. It is amazing.
you get 2 potato cakes and between them you put mashed potato and French fries.

The official recipe is:
2 of your local fish and chip shop potato cakes.
Medium McDonalds french fries.
and a small KFC mashed potato and gravy.

It was fucking amazing, and I think I can make it better by making my own mashed potato (my mashed potato is butter and egg opposed to milk and basically whipped not mashed untill it's like eating a buttery cloud).
If you like a little crunch, you may add some crushed Lays/Thins chips to the inside of your sandwich.

This is why I'm fat!
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Arbys has made a limited edition French Fry Vodka available for $60 A bottle. Get it for Christmas for a friend whose puke could use a little curly fry flavor.

https://arbysvodka.com

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

"The winner is Mexican Coke."

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin