Coronavirus thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Roofus »

My condolences :(

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

I am so sorry

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Didn't even need to watch the video to spit beer all over my monitor.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

(The FLCCC thing is some bullshit organization "to take on the FDA" made by crazy people.)

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

I was at Woolworths once when a woman shit herself. It filled her shoes and stunk out the entire fucking store.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Thanks guys I appreciate it

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

He is 100% fucking insane :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Alex is looking a lot like Bubba Ray Dudley these days. Must be due to the horse dewormer.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So there's a new variety now called Omicron... I'm waiting for the Persei 8 vaccine.

Also, the protests in the city seem to be fucking massive.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The good news is Omicron appears to have mild symptoms even though it's more contagious. Hospitalizations in Africa were lower than previous strains. It's giving mostly fatigue and body aches instead of severe respiratory impacts.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Not lookin forward to going back to masks in work, time for monster headaches again, always fun for as I think 'is it the mask or is my head going boom again?'

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

ian wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:25 pm
Hawq wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:08 am my biggest query in all of this is whats with people stripping shelves of bog roll? a symptom isnt shitting yourself to death for gods sake
It started with bog roll, and then it spread to any sort of liquid soaps. NOW it's spread to any sort of paper based product, any sort of soap, pasta and sauce, rice and noodles.
Here in Aus we have 2 big supermarket players: Coles and Woolworths. Both around me are out of all the aforementioned products as of 8 this evening.
There are also smaller supermarkets: mainly Foodworks, IGA and Aldi.
I am surrounded by lots of them all (I'm in a smaller suburb between 2 bigger suburbs) colesworth are out of basically ALL the staples...
Still stock at all of the smaller ones though. Can still get ALL the products at local stores, and 711.

THE PROBLEM is, the sports bodies and government have cancelled the F1, and having crowds at football and cricket games. AND now saying having crowds of 500 or more shouldn't be done (Unless religions want big congregations, because God's love will stop them getting infected of course)
Tell the population they SHOULD panic and they fucking have, and thus we have people fighting over fucking toilet paper. Like they've never had to wash a cloth with a bit of shit on it. :rofl:

I actually almost started some panic buying myself tonight!
I picked up a single block of old gold peppermint, and 2 2 litre bottles of coke... By the time I'd made my way out of the isle, 5 more people had grabbed a bunch of coke (3+bottles).

If I was a toilet paper magnate, I'd be starting to make Corona Virus Resistant, Bushfire Relief, Holden Tribute toilet paper and charge $20 a roll!
So nearly 2 years later and this exact thing has happened again.
They said there was a meat shortage and people should panic, and buy meat now if they wanted it for Australia day. And they fucking have again.

When the news broke that there was a meat shortage, there just wasn't... Butchers and all the supermarkets had fucktonnes of meat.
And then once people thought there would be a shortage, they went fucking nuts and stripped the shops dry.
And because people are idiots, they see a single shelf empty and suddenly all the toilet paper and tissues are gone again...

Today at Coles doing a simple small shop for a cake and some creamy soda, I saw a lady Infront of me at the checkout buying 4 packs of bin liners, 5 bottles of sanitiser and 3 bottles of dish soap.
Why in the fuck would anyone need 4.5 litres of dish soap??? That's enough to clean every fucking plate in the whole country for a month.

I'm happy the Coles brand microwave meals aren't selling out every day though, they are fantastic.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yeah, there's no shortage of meat, just a shortage of workers to stock the meat and other things.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

But then we're told to stock up on painkillers to help with Covid and now everyone is panic buying those! This fucking country...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Panadol has been trending on Twitter for days.

I was at the chemist on Sunday getting some scripts and they seemed to have plenty of the generic paracetamol and aspirin.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

That's alright then. And yeah we got some panadol today. Didn't need it right now, but the gf gets migraines a lot so she has to have the stronger stuff, I'll just keep the panadol for me