Retro Gaming Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Retro Gaming Thread

Post by ian »

Glad to see it's still coming along. :D
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The most memorable Christmas game I ever got was Mario 3. I was 4 or 5, bugging my mom to rent it every time we went to the store. My brother got Ivan Ironman's Offroad, it was a great Christmas. That might be tied with the original Game Boy with Mario Land 2 and Kirby's Pinball Land, it was a big deal to get my own console that I could play anywhere.

N64 with Ocarina of Time, or Gamecube and Metroid Prime were close too.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I think the best Xmas related gaming gifts me & my brother got was the Mega Drive + Strider in 1991. We went and hired a bunch of games that night. It felt like a massive upgrade to the NES & Master System.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The Genesis/Mega Drive was this futuristic mega console to our eyes, it probably got played more than the SNES. Sonic was right up there with Mario 3 with its innate ability to obliterate my fragile kid brain with its graphics and gameplay.

To me it's the last system that all us siblings played, my brother dabbled with the N64/PS1 era but I was the only one into video games after that

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

I still remember getting both my Nintendos. One for home, and one for my mom's house.

Also the year I got 2 copies of TMNT 2 The Arcade Game. It was by accident, and it basically tippled my library because I had a lending copy.

I think it is one of the reasons I loved the NES because I was able to borrow so many games. Also there wasn't a used market and I would get money for my birthday right before Yard Sale season and most people would sell old games for like 10 dollars.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Manoel
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by Manoel »

WIP fanmade sequel to Mega Man The Wily Wars, for the Mega Drive / Genesis.

The Wily Wars only has Mega Man 1, 2 and 3.
The Sequel Wars will have 4, 5 and 6.

A demo was released now.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

OrangeRibbon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:30 am I still remember getting both my Nintendos. One for home, and one for my mom's house.

Also the year I got 2 copies of TMNT 2 The Arcade Game. It was by accident, and it basically tippled my library because I had a lending copy.

I think it is one of the reasons I loved the NES because I was able to borrow so many games. Also there wasn't a used market and I would get money for my birthday right before Yard Sale season and most people would sell old games for like 10 dollars.
Same here :osmile: The NES was the ubiquitous system here in the states until the PS1 came out.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Manoel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:52 am WIP fanmade sequel to Mega Man The Wily Wars, for the Mega Drive / Genesis.

The Wily Wars only has Mega Man 1, 2 and 3.
The Sequel Wars will have 4, 5 and 6.

A demo was released now.
Looks great!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Taito EGRET II Mini coming in 2022, packed with 40 arcade classics

[HEADING=1]Dig this portable shmup machine[/HEADING]

German publisher United Games Entertainment, (parent company of ININ Games and Strictly Limited Games), has announced that it will be bringing the super cute coin-op Taito EGRET II Mini to western shores in 2022. The portable hardware, which launches in Japan in March, compiles a huge range of Taito titles from the golden arcade era.

The Taito EGRET II Mini features 40 arcade favorites from Space Invaders, Darius Gaiden, and Bubble Bobble, to Rainbow Islands, New Zealand Story, Growl, and many, many more. Elevator Action Returns is in the mix, so I’m sold. The cabinet includes a five-inch screen, which can be rotated to vertical orientation for the shmup releases — which is a very neat touch. Controls feature a six-button setup, and a joystick that can be switched out between four-way and eight-way.

A HDMI output will allow the console to play on the big screen, and all included games sport quality-of-life features such as save states, auto-fire, and stereo sound. In addition, fans will be able to purchase a cute mini paddle and trackball set, which brings with it a further 10 games including Arkanoid, Strike Bowling, and Plump Pop. While the “Mini” craze has definitely died off a little, I have to admit that the Taito EGRET II Mini’s quality game list and rotatable screen option make this unit pretty appealing. Certainly more appealing than the recent Taito Milestones collection.

The Taito EGRET II Mini launches in Japan March 2, 2022. We’ll let you know when a western date is announced.

Source: Destructoid

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin