Browsing on my phone more these days.

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
ian
Null Dream Team

Browsing on my phone more these days.

Post by ian »

Can websites that have mobile versions kindly fuck off with "WE HAVE AN APP FOR THIS" bullshit already...
If you have an app WHY HAVE A WEBSITE AT ALL YOU FUCKING SHIT STAINED COCK SPANKS?

And why after I've told your fucking annoying pop up reminding me of the existence of apps to fuck off, why does it keep coming back each time I have to use your site?
I GET IT, YOU HAVE AN APP, EVERYONE DOES! I'm not using it because I don't need an app to make a fucking paypal payment once every 2-3 months. I don't need an app to spend 5 minutes a night browsing fucking reddit. I don't need an app for ebay, and I don't care that you'll give me $5 to use an app when the website already fucking works.
And I certainly don't care that facebook lite is only 2MB. I just wanted to have a quick check of marketplace. That 2MB of my phones storage could be a picture, or a song, or cookies or autofill data for your actual website. SOMETHING ACTUALLY FUCKING USEFUL.
I don't need the Mc APPy meal for 50 cents off a thickshake, I just want to see the fucking menu.
And I'm well aware that I should check in with the service Victoria app... BUT WHY? by the time the fucking thing loads and scans and confirms I've checked in I could have already filled out the paper sheet, sanitised my hands, grabbed a basket, got my first 2 items of shopping, done my tax return and written a work of literature to rival Shakespeare while people with $3000 phones are still dicking around at the front of the store with the fucking app.
I can watch a video perfectly happy without being ripped away from my browser while the youtube app loads... JUST PLAY MY FUCKING VIDEO IN THE FUCKING BROWSER YOU MAKE YOU FUCKNUGGETS.

The internet made it so we DIDN'T NEED 40 trillion programs for literally every single mundane task that has to be done in the world.
FUCK OFF WITH YOUR FUCKING APPS, AND FUCK OFF TELLING ME YOU HAVE AN APP WHEN I'M ALREADY ON YOUR FUCKING WEBSITE.

Also.. where is the BG app? I feel strange not being hounded for a fucking app on websites when I use my mobile.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Browsing on my phone more these days.

Post by melancholy »

Oh god, I feel this thread so hard. On Black Friday I tried to place a Walmart order for some BF stuff. When I went inside to pick it up, they said I had to go outside and park in a special Black Friday spot. So I did, and when I got there, the sign said ‘Open the Walmart App and tell us you’re here.’ I do not have the Walmart app. I shop at Walmart like 4 times a year. So then I had to go to a secondary parking spot that had a phone number. I called the number. They said they can bring out my non-BF items, but I had to be in the spot labeled ‘Black Friday’ to get all of my order. I asked them how to do that without the app. They said I can’t, that I would have to wait until after BF weekend was over to retrieve any BF items without the app. Items that, remember, I already bought and paid for online. So I hung up, walked into the store, bought all my items off the shelf, and walked out. When I didn’t pick up my order a week later, they started calling me daily asking when I was going to get them because, apparently unlike regular items, they can’t cancel BF items automatically. By the third voicemail, the woman was starting to sound REAL shitty that I just abandoned the stuff. And I laughed at every voicemail thinking about all those BF exclusive items that will be a pain in the ass for them to sell at regular price now.

Another trend I hate is websites that require an account to even open the site. I get sent Pinterest shit from people and the site’s like, nope, unless you give us a list of your personal information and make a password you won’t remember 30 seconds from now, you can’t come in. I don’t want your damn account just to see a picture of how someone turned a door into a ‘rustic table’.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

The password thing hasn't shat me off to a degree of a rant yet, but in the few weeks I've been using my phone (more than a month now) as I clean up around the house I've not been at my computer pretty much at all, and if it wasn't for the constant barrage of sites bitching about the apps I would be more inclined to use their sites on mobile even when my desktop is accessible and rebuilt again.

I'm sure if someone tells me to look at something on Pinterest or a free to air tv app wants me to make an account to watch a single episode of a single show I will be back in this thread bitching some more.

Don't be surprised if you see your black Friday items on black Friday again this year, but even cheaper.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:50 am Also.. where is the BG app? I feel strange not being hounded for a fucking app on websites when I use my mobile.
It comes out on Symbian next month.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Hey melancholy, guess what?
I have to combine my rant with your complaint of needing an account!
A site telling me they have an app, AND THEN bitching at me to make an account.

A friend sent me a link to an Instagram video. Not a site I can say I've ever used, but this friend is always spot on at suggesting stuff I like and I'm already in bed and have a few minutes to just check it out.

So I open the link on my phone, of course Instagram tells me they have a FUCKING app, so I fuck the notification off and watch the video... It was funny, maybe I'll watch another from the same people!
YOU MUST SIGN IN NOW, YOU CAN'T WATCH ANYMORE VIDEOS! No option to just fuck this threat off.
So I have to go back to google home page, then back into Instagram, ignore that they have an app again to then watch the next 30 second video.
This next video was particularly funny, I'm gonna watch it again!
YOU MUST SIGN IN TO WATCH THIS AGAIN.

LIKE FUCK I DO!
I'd be more than happy to keep watching their videos, but I'm not spending 20 seconds of fuck around to watch each 30 second comedy sketch.

it's a shame too, from the 2 videos I saw, they are great! But if I can't easily and fucking painlessly access the fucking content I just won't bother.

They're an Australian group, but unlike Stepmates who I was actually able to watch all of their videos in one sitting, I won't bother following them just because the format they chose to use is fucking stupid.
I'm not signing up OR getting a fucking app for a single sketch comedy group. I'm from fucking Australia, we have arguably the most and best sketch comedy in the world.

Maybe in 5-10 years I'll be able to watch them and laugh when all of their videos are put into one big playlist or compilation on a site that works. Or maybe tiktok is better (which I still haven't used directly) but I suspect that will be exactly the same.

Until then though. Instagram can fuck right off after 2 minutes of using it.

And I'm sure as fuck not going to send the link to the sketch to put anyone else through that fucking bullshit.
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I don't use my phone for browsing all that much at all but I still know exactly what you're talking about. Any halfway popular website has to try and force an app on you. It even happens offline! A few days ago I got gas at a Marathon station and the guy working told me if I download the Marathon app I can save 5 cents per gallon. Why in the fuck would I want a Marathon app? And why does having the shitty app allow me to get 5 cents off? I'd rather just pay the extra 5 cents since it would end up saving me what like $10 a year? $5 off every 100 gallons of gas! lol

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

We have similar with ours here. I could not be fucked getting an app just so I can fill up my car, fuck off