G4TV thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

G4TV thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A thread for whatever stuff G4 post on their Youtube or Twitch. XPlay, Attack Of The Show and whatnot.

The G4 network returns in this spectacular launch event! Featuring first looks at "Attack of the Show!," "Xplay," "Boosted," "Dungeons & Dragons Presents: Invitation to Party," and more!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: G4TV thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ATTACK OF THE SHOW celebrates the G4 launch week with Around the Net, Will Neff’s review of GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE, and your shot at winning a gaming laptop. Also featuring: WWE Superstar Xavier Woods (aka Austin Creed), Gina Darling, Fiona Nova, and Kassem G.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

did we hit a time warp back to 2005?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yes.

They've relaunched and brought back some of the old shows and people.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

This thread didn't get much use. Wonder why...

To say the relaunch of G4 was a complete PR disaster is an understatement. Now the G4TV YouTube channel has rebranded as Xplay (X-Play) and deleted videos that amounted to over 800,000 views. It's not helping them on YouTube or Twitch... the channels still get very, very little views for the amount of corporate resources they have. Meanwhile, Boosted has been cancelled after only 16 episodes, and G4 Select rolls out on Pluto TV. Maybe they'll have more luck over there?

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So a woman who hosted a show complained about gamers not finding her fuckable and proceeded to attack the core audience. And then a manager said "don't watch us then" I don't understand...

Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb were the 2 least fuckable people in the entire universe, but I'd still watch the shit out of them in the before YouTube days...
But they both knew their shit. And Webb was not just there because she had boobs.

I think the biggest problem is that YouTube and Twitch exists, and have SOOOO many options covering everything. Streaming, longplays, speedruns, reviews, comparisons, history lessons the content is endless.

TechTV, and then G4 put all our nerdy shit in one place when no one else did.
But that was like 18 years ago... The world moved on.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.