Star Wars Movies, TV & Comics Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Hawq
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars Movies, TV & Comics Thread

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Dear God
The last episode of Kenobi was perfect. And beautiful. A problematic series that more than redeemed itself with the last episode, a heart-pulling work of art on so many levels. I was choked up almost the entire episode.
What a beautiful, beautiful, wonderful thing.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Spoilers for Kenobi!

I can't seem to find the spoiler tags on mobile.

I didn't find Kenobi as bad as everyone would have me believe it is. A bit of fun, even if it started a lot slower than typical star wars. A lot, LOT slower.

Once again. Spoiler warning
There will be spoilers in this post.

Couple of small things, why was there a 'PREVIOUSLY ON STAR WARS' roll? Either go with the classic opening text scroll or assume literally every single person watching knows what star wars is, knows who Obi-Wan is and knows what is happening.
This being for a younger audience still doesn't excuse this intro to star wars law, if parents are introducing their children to Star wars with this series, they should have their children taken off them for gross negligence.

Also, what was the deal with showing Obi wrapping up a bit of meat 3 times? I initially asked Is that going to be referred to again? Or come back as a major plot point? I mean they kept drawing attention to it, and then it went nowhere. Chekhov's bit of meat.

The bits of meat in Obi-Wan should have their own action figures, and get their own spin off series. The meat got more screen time than god damn Luke!

Aside from those small things it's pretty good, oh wait. The forest chase scene. Yeesh!
Coming off Boba's hilarious and obvious homage to comedy chases, this was just bad. And not bad on purpose. It's like they were trying to make it believable... Surprised they didn't draw it out to a full episode and give John Williams a budget of a billion dollars to compose for how serious the chase was intended to be. After this chase, I was honestly expecting her to float herself to safety on the rooftop scene.
At least her floating to safety would have been as believable as the forest chase.

Aside from Star Wars going from one of the best chases ever, to the single worst ever conceived or recorded, no real issues with it, Untill the last episode.

Overall I enjoyed it. Even if this series brings me closer to the dark side of the fanbois than the series ever has...
There's a few parts where even me as someone who's just there to have some fun was left thinking to myself OH COME ON why didn't they do this, or why did they do that...
It's the first step of hate that leads to bitching about the series on Reddit.

overall the last episode is fixed the same way episode 3 is, with some very simple moving of scenes (Last scene in 3 should have always been Vader and Palpatine looking at the death star before you cut to the credits) Wrap up all the other plot stuff and then focus on the evil so the next thing when good eventually wins is more exciting)

It is good to see that fans have fixed the lightsaber fights entirely by the time I finished watching.

This concept of having the fight interrupted so we can see a little bit of paint drying and then back to the fight only so we could cut away again to watch a little bit of grass grow was INCREDIBLY jarring and frustrating.

But in the end, I got the line I wanted to hear the whole show and saw the character I wanted to see the whole show.
These 2 tiny little details more than made up for Checkovs bit of meat from the start.

As usual, I count the days till more star wars even if I'll be a little bit more cautious going into the next star wars thing.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

2023.... Urghhhhhh!!!
I'd be happier with December 2022.

I suppose if they mean all episodes on January 1st it'll be ok. But I know they don't mean all episodes on January 1st, so... Urghhhhhh!!!!
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ah the days when the first film was simply Star Wars

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Andor doesn't interest me as much and I' m not sure why.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Binged ANDOR in one sitting.
Started off pretty bad and slow what with Andors origin story in this series that's an origin story for rogue one which is an origin story for a new hope... There's such a thing as too much origin, and this series fleshing out the adventures of young Andor was too much origin.
I thought Obi-Wan started slow, this made it seem lightning paced. The first 4 episodes of this are basically the setup and no where near an indication of the brilliance to follow in 5-12.

BUT. Once that origin was taken care of it became a fantastic series.
I had a lot of fun and enjoyed it more and more as it progressed.

A lot better than Obi-Wan and possibly even Mandalorian once it got going for real... A breath of fresh air.
Forgive the slow start, and the series is amazing. Great characters, great actors, great writing, great concepts and great world (costumes and locations)

Much like Rogue one was the best star wars movie since 1983, I think this series is the best show, I hope they keep it up in the second season which will now be a painful wait for.
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

After Andor, I'm not sure I want to go back to the adventures of not Boba Fett and the Merchandising juggernaut.

I'm not sure If like the trailer at all... Buuut, it is live action star wars, so of course I'll still watch it eventually. (Probably when the series is over and I can binge in one sitting)
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:20 pmProbably when the series is over and I can binge in one sitting

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

I responded with “This is the way” when some guy farted the other day. Got some laughs.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »