Saints Row Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Saints Row Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Saints Row thread? Saints Row thread!

A superb game on last-gen systems but somewhat rough around the edges with very questionable performance, Saints Row The Third Remastered addresses all of these issues, radically upgrades all visual aspects of the presentation and to put it simply, it's one of the best remasters we've seen.
- Numerous changes, adjustments, improvements
- RESOLUTION: One X and Pro both run at 1440p - base consoles run at 1080p
- can cap FR at 30 or uncap it
- HDR support
- entire UI is redrawn and up-rez'd
- all main characters remodeled with much bigger polygon count, even secondary characters are improved
- Remaster uses temporal upsampling
- both interiors and exteriors have all new, improved, geometry detail. Textures have all been reworked
- new global illumination system, full HDR sky, added volumetrics around the city, added ambient occlusion and SSR
- further draw distance, foliage density and detail

Hawq
Site Admin

Re: Saints Row Thread

Post by Hawq »

still awaiting another patch to stop the breif pauses in the action but at least its better than yesterdays pre-patch performance, few grapuical glitchs crop up as well, had a building earlier with the top floors flikering between having windows & having them disapear, not gam,e breaking just distracting though for that last one. Games still fun though just as back in the day

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The resolution on this ding dong is SAAACK

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Saints Row: The Third Remastered Update 1.04 Improves HDR Settings in Day One Update

Saints Row: The Third Remastered is due to release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC tomorrow, but beware: there are a few day-one updates.

The latest update, version 1.04, released today, the day before release, but it’s not the first. There have been a few updates before 1.04, and some of them were very big, adding on more than 20GB to the game’s original download size.

The patch notes for each update can be found below, and if you haven’t already, you can find our written Saints Row: The Third Remastered PS4 review here, or you can watch our video review embedded up above.

-Saints Row: The Third Remastered Update 1.04 Patch Notes

-- HDR settings improvement

-Saints Row: The Third Remastered Update 1.03 Patch Notes

-- Visual bug fixes

-Saints Row: The Third Remastered Update 1.02 Patch Notes

-- General bug fixes and improvements

-Saints Row: The Third Remastered Update 1.01 Patch Notes

-- Bug fixes and improvements

https://pureplaystation.com/saints-row- ... e/2020/05/

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

everything pre 1.04 must have been done to testing/review copys (copys? copies? not sure which is right but they are phonetically the same) as mine updates to 1.4 when it arrived a day before release, hate to think what the earlier versions were like, still its settled down a bit for the time being (it made me think of Cemu caching shaders at times quite frankly)

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

the next SR is delayed, predictable atm I guess

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

https://saintsrow.com/

Hopefully they tone down some of the goofiness of the later games and make it more like the first 2.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

SR2 was probably the sweet spot for goofiness/mission convergence, though the penetrator from the third game was a fine weapon as was the dubstep gun (once you switched it to metal) so some elements from the later ones are decent, the superpowers were fun but took things a little too far from the core of the game

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I'll definitely check this out, I've learned that I really like open-world, third-person action games. The most fun I've had in recent years was Just Cause 3, a game that deservedly got mixed reviews. But there's something about that gameplay loop that is so fun for me, especially in late-game missions when I'd cheese the hell out of a fighter jet to destroy enemy oil platforms.

It's like the difference between watching a big, dumb blockbuster and an Oscar nominee. Essentially, give me a big map to explore and upgradable weapons to collect without a whole lot of story. I'm hoping this new Saints Row game keeps it simple. I think they've done well enough so far with the look and overall feel.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

still not a fan of the new look gang but at least insurance fraud is still around so hopefully other things will be as well

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »