Fuck the USA

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Fuck the USA

Post by Ocelot »

Roe vs Wade overturned.
A senator in North Dakota tweeted that saving the fetus is most important, even if it means sacrificing the mother's life.

I am actually embarrassed and ashamed to be American now.

Skynet
Site Admin

Re: Fuck the USA

Post by Skynet »

I'm not a woman but if I were, I would be fucking scared to live in the US right now. The political views in your country are fucking batshit insane.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The states that allow abortion might get an influx of women soon.

Stormwatch
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Stormwatch »

I used to think abortion is an ugly thing that's necessary sometimes. But seeing so many activists speak of it as a precious and beautiful thing to be done on a whim just makes me feel more and more opposed to it. :dontknow"

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

America needs as many fetuses as possible to grow up so the assault rifle users have someone to shoot in 5-13 years. It makes complete sense to me...
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:38 pm The states that allow abortion might get an influx of women soon.
Me after being elected to the state senate

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

All hot horny chicks may enter. The uglies can go back to Texas.

Manoel
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by Manoel »

Eastern countries such as China have been adopting more conservative social laws, and now the USA is doing its first steps in the same direction.

The only logical reason to adopt laws towards population growth is if those countries are expecting events that can significantly decrease their populations. For example, a third world war. Or a very deadly pandemic. Other than that, it's pure bullshit.

If the global population was naturally reduced to less than 1 billion people, the whole world could adopt automation and there would be enough resources for everyone to live well without destroying nature. A reduced global population would also make politics a lot easier.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Yeah I am really ashamed of my country. I have been for a while.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

I want out. I'm moving in with Zoidberg.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Roofus wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:51 am I want out. I'm moving in with Zoidberg.
I thought we had something special! :ocry:

But seriously, we have enough space and members here to comfortably house all the American refugees who want a chance at a better life.

Be wary, it's not much better, but it's probably a little better here. Maybe.
-Two Interactive.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

ian wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:23 am

But seriously, we have enough space and members here to comfortably house all the American refugees who want a chance at a better life.

We do! I can't pass up that game collection though!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

:rofl2:
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

We can have a bunk bed.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Roofus wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:07 am
ian wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:23 am

We do! I can't pass up that game collection though!
I call Skynet! I call Skynet! I don't think ian is a cuddlier.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I'll take Cal. We can play around with old shit and get angry at how certain old things are better than new things together... oh and get sad about how things in general used to be so much better.

Cal will love it here, all the tech that is old for you guys has just made it here.

And Skynet does give excellent cuddles... I would think...
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:23 pmAnd Skynet does give excellent cuddles... I would think...
We got kind of close to a cuddle at the Melbourne airport lol

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Yes!
In fact, all the Americans can move to my house and I'll move in with Skynet!

Sorry Americans, he's all mine!
We gonna have sleepovers in our pajamas playing Dreamcast all night.

Zoidberg and Roofus may have all the games in the world, but me and Skynet have Soul Calibur and fishing rods!

So while Zoidberg and Roofus can't each pick a game to play and start fighting with each other, me and Skynet will be falling over drunk past our bed times with Samba De Amigo.

Even if I can't work out why He's pissed off, I know he's not pissed off at me!
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I'm pro-choice based on the principle that the government shouldn't decide. Regardless of that, the conversation about abortions tends to focus on slut shaming and assuming only the best can happen when a cute little baby comes into the world. Those are two of the worst arguments in the modern discourse, aside from adrenochrome and the other Q Anon bullshit. "Just keeping your legs together" assumes that there's a man involved, too. Maybe he should show some restraint, or are we too stupid to act responsibly?

As for the fate of children in the U.S., I've got a friend who's a prosecutor for the state. She's got some wonderful tales about the children who are raised in a world where their father figure can rape them whenever they want. Have you ever had to ask a child younger than 10 to describe what sex feels like? Talk about words like semen and lubricant?

Or how about the four kids that my wife's friend fostered? They live with the fact that their mother can't quit her meth addiction and will be spending several more years in prison. They're the lucky ones though, because some gracious family was able to adopt all four. Of course, that meant the foster kids they already had went to another home. Imagine being those kids, not only losing your birth parents but getting shipped off because another set of kids were deemed more important.

I don't suffer any talk about "sanctify of life" and the "precious gift" of childbirth, because the world exists in a very stark contrast.

Then there's the pragmatic issues of pregnancy. Stories of women forced to keep stillborn children until they can be naturally born, only to placate the activists out there that can't stomach the harshness of real life. I'm terrified that my state legislature will do more to curb abortion rights. South Dakota apparently has medical exceptions, but what happens in an emergency? What if my wife's life is on the line? Will there be a quick approval to get the care she needs to live? While my governor is celebrating Roe V. Wade, we've got above average infant mortality rates and no statewide Medicare program.

Once we make some good progress on rape prevention and convictions, an improved foster care system, and a top-tier medical system, I think we should limit abortions. But none of those platforms can be used for decades of political fundraising and power gathering under the auspices of "saving our country's soul" and "maintaining the population."