I never would have thought that gas would actually be over 5 fucking dollars a gallon here!

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

I never would have thought that gas would actually be over 5 fucking dollars a gallon here!

Post by Calavera »

This gas price shit is getting wayyyyy out of control! In my town the stations currently range from $4.99-$5.15! The prices just keep rocketing up like crazy!

The average has went up 20 cents in just one day! 60 cents in one week and a whopping $2.13 in just one year! At this rate it really wouldn't surprise me if I see $6+ by the end of this month. Currently an average fill-up of 15 gallons would cost around $75.

Take a look at California

SIX FUCKING DOLLARS AND THIRTY FIVE FUCKING CENTS!!!!! And that is just the average so some stations are higher. According to Californiagasprices.com the lowest stations are around $5.50 while the highest ones are $7.29-$7.69! At $7 per gallon that average 15 gallon fill-up will cost $105.

How much higher can it possibly go? Is it going to hit $10 in some areas? Diesel is even higher being about 50-80 cents a gallon more. I'm not sure how much it is now but diesel was $5.99 at my local station.

So what do you have to say about these insane gas prices? How are they effecting you?

Skynet
Site Admin

Re: I never would have thought that gas would actually be over 5 fucking dollars a gallon here!

Post by Skynet »

I'm not sure how this converts to USD or gallons or whatever, but the last time I filled my car it cost me $2 per liter for premium. That's the most I've ever paid per liter for fuel. I'm just glad that a) I was made redundant so I wasn't driving much anyway :olol: b) my new job is 100% WFH

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: I never would have thought that gas would actually be over 5 fucking dollars a gallon here!

Post by OrangeRibbon »

We are at $5.02 in NJ.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Skynet wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:23 pm I'm not sure how this converts to USD or gallons or whatever, but the last time I filled my car it cost me $2 per liter for premium.
There is 3.8 liters in a gallon. The Australian to US Dollar conversion is $1.39. Calculate those numbers up, and you pay the equivalent of $5.46 a gallon. So your prices are very close to ours.

For the record, it’s $5.25 where I live now.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I'd hate to own a car right now... Actually, I'm waiting for owners of V8's to realise they can't afford petrol anymore and sell their cars cheap where I will buy one.

I've always wanted a big American V8, and for how little I'd drive it, it would be easily affordable.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

It's still $4.29/gallon at Costco here in South Dakota. I'm not driving a ton these days and get 30-40 MPG, so I fill up my 15-gallon tank every two weeks or so.

The last time it was really bad (2013), I was working a newspaper editor job and the office was an hour away. Prices were $3.50+ and I filled up at least twice a week, those were rough times. :frown: Most people drive SUVs or pickups around here, so they're feeling the squeeze pretty bad.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

melancholy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:40 pm
Skynet wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:23 pm I'm not sure how this converts to USD or gallons or whatever, but the last time I filled my car it cost me $2 per liter for premium.
There is 3.8 liters in a gallon. The Australian to US Dollar conversion is $1.39. Calculate those numbers up, and you pay the equivalent of $5.46 a gallon. So your prices are very close to ours.

For the record, it’s $5.25 where I live now.
That's not too bad then, being that we're pretty close in price. That was just the last time I filled up, not sure what it is now.
pixel wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:36 am It's still $4.29/gallon at Costco here in South Dakota. I'm not driving a ton these days and get 30-40 MPG, so I fill up my 15-gallon tank every two weeks or so.
Every time I've gone to Costco to fill up it's always been too much of a hassle and not worth it :olol: I can't be bothered driving 10-15 minutes when I can get it elsewhere about 5 mins away

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:34 pm Every time I've gone to Costco to fill up it's always been too much of a hassle and not worth it :olol: I can't be bothered driving 10-15 minutes when I can get it elsewhere about 5 mins away
Our Costco is actually fairly urban compared to other locations. By way of our city's strange long-range planning decisions, there was an empty oil storage facility in the middle of town that was prime for redevelopment back in 2013.

Every other Costco nearby is out in the styx and off a major highway. We're lucky that ours is about 2 miles away, it's technically the closest grocery store. We don't have kids and live in a 2-bedroom apartment, so to me it's just a fancy gas station that sells milk, ice cream, and chicken tendies.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:42 am
Skynet wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:34 pm Every time I've gone to Costco to fill up it's always been too much of a hassle and not worth it :olol: I can't be bothered driving 10-15 minutes when I can get it elsewhere about 5 mins away
Our Costco is actually fairly urban compared to other locations. By way of our city's strange long-range planning decisions, there was an empty oil storage facility in the middle of town that was prime for redevelopment back in 2013.

Every other Costco nearby is out in the styx and off a major highway. We're lucky that ours is about 2 miles away, it's technically the closest grocery store. We don't have kids and live in a 2-bedroom apartment, so to me it's just a fancy gas station that sells milk, ice cream, and chicken tendies.
:olol: Mine technically isn't that far, it's actually closer to the city than I am. It's just a pain in the ass driving there when there are closer places I can fill up and usually I don't have to wait a ridiculous amount of time to fill up anywhere other than Costco :olol:

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Had to nuke a bunch of my summertime plans because of how stupid high gas prices are here in NE Ohio, USA, for my friends and I. Man fuck this shit.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Ocelot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:13 am Had to nuke a bunch of my summertime plans because of how stupid high gas prices are here in NE Ohio, USA, for my friends and I. Man fuck this shit.
It is fucking insane. I doubt anyone but rich people are really driving anymore than absolutely necessary. It isn't like everyone has electric or hybrid cars either. People are still driving pickups and SUVs many of which get less than 20mpg. I've seen some people on Facebook trying to sell their big gas hog SUVs because they can't afford the gas anymore. I get it but they are still asking high as shit prices for them. It's like you are getting rid of it because it is an expensive gas hog. Nobody else wants the damn thing either unless it is really cheap. Nobody is going to pay $7,500 for an old Lincoln Navigator! :olol:

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Our prices went down about 10 cents :-)

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Ocelot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:13 am Had to nuke a bunch of my summertime plans because of how stupid high gas prices are here in NE Ohio, USA, for my friends and I. Man fuck this shit.
I feel that, everything out here west is a 3-hour drive away so I've cut way back on the weekend journeys.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Down to $4.69 here. Still needs to go down at least another $2. It seems that there are places in the south that are below $4. It is going in the right direction it just still has a ways to go. Funny how gas will go up 50 cents or more in one day but it takes a month or more to go down that same 50 cents.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Calavera wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:52 pm Down to $4.69 here. Still needs to go down at least another $2. It seems that there are places in the south that are below $4. It is going in the right direction it just still has a ways to go. Funny how gas will go up 50 cents or more in one day but it takes a month or more to go down that same 50 cents.
Come up north of you, and gas is still over $5 where I’m at.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:54 pm
Calavera wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:52 pm Down to $4.69 here. Still needs to go down at least another $2. It seems that there are places in the south that are below $4. It is going in the right direction it just still has a ways to go. Funny how gas will go up 50 cents or more in one day but it takes a month or more to go down that same 50 cents.
Come up north of you, and gas is still over $5 where I’m at.
:frown:

We're at $4.04 right now. The car market must be crazy, because I am being marketed hard to sell back my 2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid. The issue is what kind of car would I get if there's nothing on the lot? I'd buy an SUV, but buying a gas guzzler these days seems really dumb.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I just paid off our car loan so I could get a new vehicle, but I’m scared to even look at the market now. I was planning on spending 8500 on a van. Now I don’t even know if 10000 would be enough.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

$3.09-$3.39 in my area now. Still too high

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

LOL this bump. I said a year and a half ago that I’m getting a new vehicle. I still have not gotten a new vehicle.

I am seriously considering taking out a very large loan to get a Chevy Bolt. I travel to Tennessee 4-6 times a year. It normally take about $100 for the trip. But also along the route are free chargers. Meaning that as long as I’m willing to wait an hour for a charge, I can travel there for free.