The Sonic Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Sonic Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Sonic being in that kind of game looks very goofy, but it also looks like it could be fun.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Sonic Frontiers is "cornerstone of future Sonic games", says Sonic Team head

Open zone here to stay.

Sonic Frontiers is the "cornerstone of future Sonic games", just as Sonic Adventure was back in 1998.

That's according to Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka, in an interview with Sector (via The Gamer).

Discussing the structure of the latest game in the series, it seems the open zone design will be the new standard.

"Just like Sonic Adventure, our goal for Sonic Frontiers was to create a game that would be the cornerstone of future Sonic games," said Iizuka. "It is a brand-new approach for the franchise, but we have been conscious to honour Sonic's roots as well - the game still needs to feel like a Sonic game."

Honouring Sonic's roots is done literally through the game's cyberspace levels, which are inspired by past Sonic games. But the game also has that same sense of speed and movement the series is known for.

Said Iizuka: "Our goal with Sonic Frontiers was to evolve the linear, stage-clearing 3D action that began with Sonic Adventure in 1998 into a new action-packed adventure game where players have the freedom to explore the environment around them.

"We know many players love exploring expansive worlds with no predetermined path and that's what we set out to achieve with our new open-zone platforming concept. I am very excited for Sonic to join this revolutionary step in immersive gaming worlds."

Elsewhere in the interview, Iizuka confirms the timeline placement of Sonic Frontiers: that's "after Sonic Forces and Team Sonic Racing", making it the most recent game in the series.

Yes, just like The Legend of Zelda series, there is an implied timeline in Sonic games.

Cementing this timeline will surely be a task for the Sonic lore team, which recently began hiring for a new manager to ensure the Sonic universe is "more meaningfully connected" across games, comics, animation and more.

Iizuka praised the work of writer Ian Flynn, who's worked on both the Sonic comics and the story of Sonic Frontiers.

"It has been a pleasure to work with Ian Flynn, who has been an active contributor to the Sonic franchise for a long time. He knows the characters well and brought great development to their emotions and interactions," said Iizuka.

Cut dialogue from the game suggests that Sonic may have deeper feelings for love interest Amy after all, surely something to add to the series' lore.

And speaking of comics, make sure you check out the prologue comics and animation before you start Sonic Frontiers.

Source: Eurogamer

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Sick of being disappointed by sonic GAMES?
Well now you can be disappointed by computer hardware:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z790%20 ... index.html

That's right people, the 3rd worst motherboard manufacturer in the history of the world are offering you a Sonic motherboard.

Gotta go fast! Till the board shits itself out of nowhere for no reason and then the replacement you get dies within a week too.

If I was Sega I'd have partnered with Abit before they went broke, or MSI because they are worse at making motherboards than even Abit.

They make motherboards like Sega makes Sonic games... inconsistently, often dubious, with no regard for quality or heritage or even general usability, but they do one just right often enough to stay in business.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

My coworker bought that motherboard. He’s designing his whole computer around that thing, so I hope it’s good for his sake.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

If it's no good, he won't tell you. He'll lie to himself and everyone else and pretend it's ok when deep down he really knows the last good motherboard he had was Sonic Advance 3. And he's wanted a good board ever since and has been let down with buggy, unreliable, unpredictable, frustrating junk ever since.

But at least his build will look pretty decent regardless of being functional, so there's always that.

Being ASRock he actually has a better chance of it being a nice board, unlike MSI.
ASRock actually did get better over the years.
how MSI STILL make dogshit motherboards baffles me. All their other products are fantastic and I've never had a problem buying them or suggesting them to others... But their motherboards? Holy shit they make even bad sonic games look good.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So they lit up the opera house in Sydney to celebrate the new sonic game, and as a tribute for the loss of Segaworld!
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Cautiously optimistic about origins plus plus.

If it was just one plus, it would be a dubious claim at best, but the fact they've spelled plus AND used a plus symbol means they're really confident this will be a good sonic game.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

IF they've fixed all the bugs, then I'll probably buy it someday. But there's one big reason why everyone should own it

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I forgot, what’s the Sonic 3 music situation with this one?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:38 pm I forgot, what’s the Sonic 3 music situation with this one?
New music.

Here's the video pixel posted on the previous page about it:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:56 pm
melancholy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:38 pm I forgot, what’s the Sonic 3 music situation with this one?
New music.

Here's the video pixel posted on the previous page about it:

Oh yeah I forgot :oshocked:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

why'd that end up here not the Sony thread, annoying