Two Many Calaveras!

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Two Many Calaveras!

Post by Roofus »

Calavera was a man who had always been fascinated with technology. He had grown up in the heart of Indiana, surrounded by farms and small towns, but his mind was always somewhere else. He spent most of his childhood tinkering with gadgets and gizmos, and as he got older, he became increasingly interested in the world of video technology.

One day, while working in his basement workshop, Calavera stumbled upon a strange device. It looked like an old-fashioned VCR, but it had a strange screen and a few buttons he had never seen before. As he examined the device, he suddenly felt a strange sensation, like he was being pulled backwards through time.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself standing in the middle of a bustling electronics store in the early 1990s. The walls were lined with video tapes, and a group of excited customers were gathered around a display of the latest video format, Video CD.

Calavera couldn't believe his luck. He had always known that Video CD was the superior format, and he was determined to make it the dominant video technology of the 90s. He set about spreading the word, visiting electronics stores and tech conferences across the country, and convincing people of the benefits of Video CD.

But as he worked, Calavera began to notice something strange. Everywhere he went, he encountered another version of himself, a man who looked exactly like him and who was advocating for a different video format: DVD.

At first, Calavera dismissed this other version of himself as a figment of his imagination, but as time went on, he realized that this other Calavera was just as determined as he was to make his chosen format the dominant one. The two men clashed, arguing passionately about the benefits of their respective formats, but neither could convince the other.

As the months went by, Calavera began to realize that his presence in the past was causing a paradox. His actions were creating two different timelines, one where Video CD dominated and one where DVD won out. He knew that this was a dangerous situation, one that could have catastrophic consequences for the future.

In the end, Calavera knew what he had to do. He traveled back to his own time, taking the strange device with him, and destroyed it, erasing his own trip through time and the paradox it had caused.

Years later, as he looked back on his experience, Calavera knew that he had made the right choice. He might not have been able to make Video CD the dominant video format of the 90s, but he had learned a valuable lesson about the dangers of playing with time. From that day forward, he dedicated himself to using his love of technology to make the world a better place, one innovation at a time.

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Two Many Calaveras!

Post by ian »

It had a weaker start and end than the other 2, but the middle was exactly what Ive come to expect from the Calavera series.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Another amazing Tale of Calavera from Roofus and ChatGPT! There are a couple of errors though. Replace basement workshop with pole barn and VideoCD with Laserdisc and it is ready to print! :olol:

VideoCD does nothing for me. Just regular compact discs with poor quality video. It is one obsolete video format that I have no interest in.

I do recall back before DVD burners were a thing I ripped the DVD of Mr.Deeds and put it onto to VideoCD across two discs. I did it just for the heck of it. After that I did the opposite. I purchased the complete series of Max Headroom which was on like 10 or so VCDS and ripped them all to my PC and converted them so they then fit on just two DVDs. And that is basically all my experience with VCDs.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

Calavera wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:07 pm Another amazing Tale of Calavera from Roofus and ChatGPT! There are a couple of errors though. Replace basement workshop with pole barn and VideoCD with Laserdisc and it is ready to print! :olol:

VideoCD does nothing for me. Just regular compact discs with poor quality video. It is one obsolete video format that I have no interest in.

I do recall back before DVD burners were a thing I ripped the DVD of Mr.Deeds and put it onto to VideoCD across two discs. I did it just for the heck of it. After that I did the opposite. I purchased the complete series of Max Headroom which was on like 10 or so VCDS and ripped them all to my PC and converted them so they then fit on just two DVDs. And that is basically all my experience with VCDs.
That Calavera was from an alternate universe where you have a basement and are obsessed with VideoCD. :olol: