Zoidbergs' game collection is so big...

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: Zoidbergs' game collection is so big...

Post by 2dr »

The Al Bundy show.

Zoidberg’s game collection is so massive it has its own gravity well that disrupts the flow of the tides.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

Zoidberg’s gaming console is so massive that it’s collapsed under its own gravity and formed an event horizon.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Zoidberg’s cart collection is so big, he has now surpassed China for the world’s largest deposit of rare earth minerals.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

That when 2.5 tonnes was stolen he didn't notice it for a full 10 years.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

ian wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:32 pm That when 2.5 tonnes was stolen he didn't notice it for a full 10 years.
With some collectors (Pat Contri comes to mind) I wonder if they really would notice if stuff was stolen/missing? If you could somehow get to their collection and remove the game board for every cartridge and the CD from every case. How long would it actually take them to notice? It seems the large majority of collectors rarely if ever even play their games which I don't really get.

I would get if you had a few retro consoles and a handful of your favorite games for each system. I don't get having to own every game made for a console. Like with NES collectors it seems pretty silly to have shit like Barbie and Sesame Street. The NES and SNES has around 700 North American games each. With the Genesis having around 880. So we are talking over 2,200 games for just those three consoles. I think we can all agree that while we enjoyed those consoles back in the day that the majority of the library is crap. For every great game there is like 20 crappy movie tie-in/sports game. I'm going to take a guess and say between those three systems there is probably around 100 games total that are still fun to play today. I suppose it actually could be a bit higher than that but if you limited yourself to 200 games from those 3 I'm pretty sure you could have every good game that holds up for them.

I really just don't understand the appeal of owning all those cartridges and CDs that will never be played. Especially nowadays when a huge room full of all that stuff will fit on a single hard drive and can be emulated usually with improved visuals. Not to mention save states and other things that just make the games a more enjoyable experience. If buying up all these games was cheap I'd get it a bit more. If each game was only a couple of bucks why not try to get them all just for fun. But no this shit is super expensive! It is insane the prices people pay. One personal example I have is with Mickey Mouse's Adventure in Numberland for the NES. I found it at Goodwill for $3 and sold it for around $70. $70 for an educational children's game for 1994 that holds no gameplay value.

I could go on and on about why I think huge game collecting is silly but I'll quit rambling on. And yes I realize all this is coming from the guy who has multiple VCRs and cassette decks! But if I had to pay as much for all that old stuff as people do for old video games then I wouldn't have any of it.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I've amassed large collections over the years, but then it's mostly sold to fund more, depending on what I want to play.

I'm actually about to downsize Saturn and PS1 (because I've now played all the GOOD stuff) and on Saturn games alone I'll be able to buy basically any single console in the world I want and a bunch of games for it (not that Sony super Nintendo, but you get my drift)

But I don't personally want to own an Apple Pippin, or a 3DO or a Jaguar, because they are shit.
But just because I don't justify the expense or time to find or storage space doesn't mean we should be giving Zoidberg shit for his Complete N-Gage collection!

I heard a rumour that Zoidberg now owns every single Gizmondo ever made... like ALL OF THEM, but I think it's just a rumour whereas everything else in this thread is verifiable facts.
-Two Interactive.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

I heard that Zoidberg has such a large collection of suits that if he worr a different suit every day, he would not wear the same suit twice until October 21st 3032.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Huh?
The only suits Zoidberg has are the Leisure Suit Larry games and the Mobile Suit Gundam games.

He does have a suit made from spare copies of Leisure Suit Larry games, but he only wears it when in line to buy new games in the franchise. So we don't count it.
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

2dr wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:57 am I heard that Zoidberg has such a large collection of suits that if he worr a different suit every day, he would not wear the same suit twice until October 21st 3032.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I need advice from the master.
Zoidberg, how do you store your 26,374 original PS3's. I know most of yours are boxed and stacking them is easy, but for the unboxed/loose 7,584 with their stupid bulging hump on top what's the safest way to stack them?

See I've just added a SECOND PS3 to the house, and even stacking 2 vertically is really precarious, especially on lighter weight furniture.

You can stack PS2'S and PS4's for days without needing anything special, and even stacking more than 20 loose PS1's needs nothing other than a bit of cardboard to one side to stop the slight lean or them spining around on the lids of the one below it.
But storing my 2 PS3's is hard, I don't know how loading ready run even stored THREE PS3's let alone your stack.

Please help.
-Two Interactive.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

Zoidberg’s game collection is so massive that it costs 98% of the GDP of China to insure it with Alianz.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

ian wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:03 pm I'm actually about to downsize Saturn and PS1 (because I've now played all the GOOD stuff) and on Saturn games alone I'll be able to buy basically any single console in the world I want and a bunch of games for it (not that Sony super Nintendo, but you get my drift)
Time to get a Neo-Geo!

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Zoidberg’s collection is so big, he offered to have his collection preserved by Redump, but they refused stating that ‘even Google doesn’t have enough server space for that!’

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Zoidbergs game collection is so big that scientists predict that if it was all to be moved, Earth's orbit would be altered. But they are not concerned about this eventuality because they predict it would take a team of 8,000 people working around the clock for 14 months to move it all.
-Two Interactive.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

Zoidberg’s game collection is so enormous that the index cards alone exceed the capacity of the library of congress.