What are some must play PS3 Exclusives?

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

What are some must play PS3 Exclusives?

Post by Calavera »

I've never really messed with PS3 emulation all that much. The only game I had tried up until recently on it was Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time(which is a really good game). I saw a video on youtube saying the RPCS3 has gotten an update which raises the compatibility a decent amount so I'd like to try out some good PS3 games.

It doesn't have to be strictly PS3 exclusive but console exclusive. No use emulating a PS3 game if it is available on PC anyways. I tried Gran Turismo 6 as I used to be a big fan of the series but hadn't played any past GT4. It runs but really isn't playable atm.

So what console exclusive PS3 games would you recommend that I check out? Zoidberg recommended 3D Dot Game Heroes to me a few years back. It looks like it is kind of a modern NES Zelda. I've never gotten into the Zelda series but I'll still check it out. So besides 3D Dot Game Heroes, Ratchet and Clank and Gran Turismo 5/6 what would you all recommend?

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: What are some must play PS3 Exclusives?

Post by ian »

Little big planet, the resistance games, the infamous games, the uncharted games (they're probably remade on PS4 AND PS5 by now along with the last of us, Time crisis 4. I recently had some fun with Ninja Gaiden 2, and the later god of war games all spring instantly to mind.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Infamous 1 & 2
Puppeteer
Motorstorm 1,2,3
Folklore
The Last Guy
Rain
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ridge Racer 7
Heavenly Sword
Tokyo Jungle

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

From our lists combined, we can conclude the only MUST PLAY games on PS3 are Infamous 1 and 2.

I would have put Rain on there but it's been on my 'I'll play it one day I promise' list for like 8 years... I'm never gonna play it, let's be honest.

And I would avoid the similarly titled, but completely unrelated Heavy Rain. Well you don't have to avoid it, I just didn't like to play it for too long despite a lot of hype and praise and advertising... same as heavenly sword. A game people love but I just didn't enjoy.

You could download every single game on the system and just keep trying them till you find one you have fun with though? We can't tell you how to have fun, merely suggest things that we liked.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

OIP.jpeg
_-Lair-PS3-_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stormwatch
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Stormwatch »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I don't remember Haze being all that good. Certainly not must play. If I remember correctly when the game wasn't busy boring me, it was a glitchy and clipping mess quite often.

Free radical could do so much more... After members of the team helped make Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and then Time Splitters they really, REALLY should have made a better game.

So a game that I would call 'ok I guess' I downgrade to bad because the people making it made the best console shooting games of all time and Haze wasn't one of them.

Maybe I should replay and see if it got better?
-Two Interactive.