The GTA Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

The GTA Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The GTA Online community is asking Rockstar to create a motorcycle-themed DLC.

After countless updates to GTA Online, Rockstar has released numerous pieces of add-on content catering to different groups of players with free DLC.

From the military-themed heist and Flight School content, the mafia-themed vintage outfits and cars, to the street gang DLC found in Benny’s Custom Shop and Lowriders DLC, almost all types of in-game outfits have been satisfied. All except biker gangs.

To get Rockstar to notice, the community has started a petition, which has already amassed over 3,000 signatures. Their demands are simple: release new motorcycles with customisable livery and parts, new in-game leather clothes to match the biker image, as well as new hairstyles.

In the video below, YouTuber Banished Breed explores the bikercommunity’s need for new content, and gives out a few examples Rockstar could bring into GTA Online.

Source: VG247

Skynet
Site Admin

Re: The GTA Thread

Post by Skynet »

When you consider how much The Lost play into this game, they should incorporate more of it into the game. Maybe a bunch of stuff like in The Lost and Damned DLC from 4.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

YES. more bikie stuff..

An early mission of GTA 5 (where Trevor killed Johnny from the lost) Determined my decision to kill Trevor in my first playthrough of gta 5.. I promptly redid the final few missions from a save when it came to my attention that Trevor had the best ability for cop killing, But I still had no hesitation to kill him for killing one of GTA's best people.

As a side note.. I hope the next GTA game is Vice City or Carcer City..
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Grand Theft Auto V returns to UK No.1 spot 151 weeks after launch

Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V is once again the best-selling game in the UK, more than 150 weeks after its launch.

The last time the crime blockbuster was No.1 was in March 2015.

The title saw a sales increase of 31 per cent week-on-week, with sales incredibly tight between second place: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.

Sony’s game holds second place with a 19 per cent rise in sales week-on-week.

Grand Theft Auto V also ends LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ five-week run at the head of the charts. Sales of that game fell 21 per cent and it drops to third.

Blizzard’s Overwatch rises one place to No.4 with a 13 per cent sales increase, while FIFA 16 falls one place to fifth with a 20 per cent dip in sales.

Rocket League jumps to sixth place despite a two per cent dip sales as Doom saw a 31 per cent sales decline and falls to seventh.

Below is the software Top Ten for the week ending:

1. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Sony
3. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Warner Bros
4. Overwatch, Blizzard
5. FIFA 16, EA
6. Rocket League, 505 Games
7. Doom, Bethesda
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Activision
9. Ratchet & Clank, Sony
10. Minecraft: Xbox Edition, Microsoft

Source: MCVUK

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I can see 2 reasons why this has happened:

1: The game is so good, people have worn their discs out from lots of play, and all had to buy it again!
2: People have finally gotten a ps4 or xbone, and had to buy it again!

There is no other reason a game that every single person in the developed world has played is still getting sales.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's crazy how many copies of GTAV they've sold. Something like 62+ million on the consoles and a few million on PC.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:It's crazy how many copies of GTAV they've sold. Something like 62+ million on the consoles and a few million on PC.
What's ridiculous is how fucking expensive it is still. It goes on special on Steam for $45US.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I watched that Corridor Digital video a few hours back, not bad.

Also the new biker DLC for GTA is pretty cool. Heaps more biker stuff, you can get your own club house, have an 8 person club.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I should start playing GTA again what with biker DLC
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Samsung Pull YouTube Videos of GTA V Note 7 Grenade Mod

Samsung really doesn’t like the fact that their exploding phones have become a bit of a meme, and they really don’t like it that some talented modders have been turning grenades in GTA V into Samsung’s Note 7 phone. Beyond that, they really hate it when all these worlds come together and people upload videos of their phones exploding and killing virtual people in GTA V… it’s almost like they can’t take a joke.

Samsung’s in a PR black hole right now, with a global recall on all Note 7 handsets, and retailers now stopping all sales of the device due to safety concerns, and it even being against the law to fly with one of the phones in your possession due to the potential fire hazard created by the faulty batteries.

Samsung has now sent out a DMCA takedown notice to the mod creator for the YouTube video showing the device exploding in the game. Unfortunately for Samsung, they never thought about getting rid of the mod, so it’s not like there aren’t many other videos demonstrating it… whoops.

source

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That's pretty stupid to get those removed, all it really does is bring a lot more attention to it.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

AHAHAHAHA
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Rockstar Siezes GTA Online Cheat Money – Gifts $250K to Every Player

GTA Online, the online multiplayer component of Rockstar Games’ sprawling third-person action game Grand Theft Auto V, is rife with cheating, but now the developer is making a stand with the announcement that it is stripping “illegitimately gained in-game money” from players. The move is pretty soft-line – no bans are being handed out for those found guilty of cheating their bank account balance – but at least Rockstar is doing something, though it could be a case of too little, too late.

“To keep the gameplay environment fair we have removed illegitimately gained in-game money from player accounts,” Rockstar says. “If you received an alert saying that your shared bank balance was adjusted, that is because you had illegitimate funds in your account.”

Rockstar adds that GTA$ acquired via Shark Cards is not affected by its illegitimately gained in-game money removal policy.

While Rockstar is taking money with one hand, though, it is giving it with another: to celebrate GTA Online’s third anniversary, the developer is giving every Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC player $250,000. To take advantage of the scheme, simply log in to your GTA Online account between now and the end of October. The cash should then be credited to your account by 4th November.

Rockstar is also offering a 30% discount a number of different vehicles until 7th November:

source

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I sometimes feel like playing GTA V, but every time I do there is a several gigabyte update and by the time it is finished I've lost interest in playing.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Calavera wrote:I sometimes feel like playing GTA V, but every time I do there is a several gigabyte update and by the time it is finished I've lost interest in playing.
I was like that, then I started playing online regularly again on PC so 1 or 2GB at a time isn't the end of the world. I hate to think how many GBs worth of updates I have to worry about on XB1 :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Calavera wrote:I sometimes feel like playing GTA V, but every time I do there is a several gigabyte update and by the time it is finished I've lost interest in playing.
that's gaming for me as a whole..
and if it's not updates it's loading screens
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Got into an online session to try the new biker stuff.

I named my club the hell's satans, And set about buying a faggio and spending $250,000 on it.. :rofl:
I was in a session and someone gave me like 4 million dollars, so I spent it before it could be taken.

I hope another club called the hell's satans doesn't hear about us...
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote:Got into an online session to try the new biker stuff.

I named my club the hell's satans, And set about buying a faggio and spending $250,000 on it.. :rofl:
I was in a session and someone gave me like 4 million dollars, so I spent it before it could be taken.

I hope another club called the hell's satans doesn't hear about us...
My Hell's Satans has been around longer than your Hell's Satans!