The Red Dead Thread (RDR1 coming to Switch/PS4 Aug 17)

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Red Dead Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

From what I've read the MP is kind of screwed due to old hacks that R* never fixed up.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:From what I've read the MP is kind of screwed due to old hacks that R* never fixed up.
In public games? Could always play some closed friend sessions for now.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Probably just the public ones are stuffed.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

PS2 Classic Red Dead Revolver Officially Released for PS4

As you may remember, last month Red Dead Revolver released on the Australian PlayStation Store for a matter of a few minutes before being taken down. Today, the PS2 classic has been released officially on the PlayStation 2 via the PS2 classics program.

Per usual, it will be up-rendered in 1080p, and come with trophies (though no platinum), and remote play. It packs a 2.2 GB download, and will cost the highest PS2 classic price of $14.99.

Here’s the official description of the game provided on the PlayStation Store, as well as some new screenshots:

Vast, rugged, and lawless. As a young man, you were helpless to prevent the slaughter of your family at the hands of bandits. Many years later, you live as a bounty hunter bringing criminals to justice, while struggling to unravel the mystery of your past. You must find those who murdered your family. Then, you will take your revenge.

A blazing arcade-style third person game fueled by precision gunplay, Red Dead Revolver is a classic tale of vengeance on the untamed frontier.

Source: Dualshockers

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Don't you fuck with us, Rockstar!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Red Dead Online website apparently registered by Take-Two

Site redirects to Rockstar Games

It appears that the parent company for Red Dead Redemption developer Rockstar Games registered the domain RedDeadOnline.com earlier this week.

Twitter user Bill Wright first pointed out the registration for the domain name, which redirects to Rockstar Games’ home page, last night. A whois search shows that the domain is registered to Take-Two Interactive Software. The registrar is listed as Enom, not MarkMonitor which was the registrar for Rockstar’s website.

Whether the domain was grabbed by Take-Two or not, it’s very likely that any new Red Dead Redemption game would involve a significant online element.

Red Dead Redemption, released in 2010, had an online multiplayer mode. More importantly, Rockstar has seen tremendous success with GTA Online. The persistent online world tied to Grand Theft Auto 5 was released in 2013 and has received a steady stream of updates since. The success of the online game has significantly changed the way Rockstar views games and game development, sources at the developer have told me.

Rockstar Games on Sunday tweeted a picture of its logo centered on a field of splotchy red, reminiscent of Red Dead Redemption’s colors. On Monday, the developer did one better, posting an image obviously tied to Red Dead Redemption showing seven people in western garb striding toward the viewer, silhouetted by an orange sun in a red sky.

Both the Sunday tease and the Monday image hit at 9 a.m. ET, leading many to suspect that the game developer will be dropping another piece of the puzzle later this morning.

Open-world Western action game Red Dead Redemption was initially released in May 2010 to overwhelmingly positive reaction from both fans and critics. The game was built on the RAGE engine and ran on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Some critics have called it the best game to hit those two systems.

In the title, you play as John Marston, who is forced to take on work from a gang after his wife and son are taken hostage. The game has you playing in a third-person perspective as you ramble through 1911’s Mexico and the western United States.

This summer, Red Dead Redemption received backward compatibility support on the Xbox One. That support included the original title as well as the Undead Nightmare add-on and Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition.

We’ve reached out to Rockstar for comment and will update this story when they respond.

Source: Polygon

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

PS4 & Xbone. No PC yet.

A trailer will be out on Thursday.

Hawq
Site Admin

Re: The Red Dead Thread (RDR2 Fall 2017!)

Post by Hawq »

makes me laugh that zavvi have already listed it for pre-order, surely close to a record (not counting games that got delayed that is), I know at least one title I'm looking forward to next year now

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Come on R*, bring it to PC too!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet wrote:Come on R*, bring it to PC too!
They will...sometime in 2019...

Holy shit, the amount of people moaning and bitching about this game already. Crapping on about how the protagonists better have lots of diversity and the game needs to be less racist and sexist. :rolleyes:

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
Skynet wrote:Come on R*, bring it to PC too!
They will...sometime in 2019...

Holy shit, the amount of people moaning and bitching about this game already. Crapping on about how the protagonists better have lots of diversity and the game needs to be less racist and sexist. :rolleyes:
I don't care when they release it on PC, I know I'll buy it on XB1 and PC anyway. :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It will probably be like GTAV, it will be out on the PC 12 to 24 months later.

The PS4 Pro & Scorpio versions could be interesting, especially if they up the graphics/framerate for them in 1080p mode.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Holy shit, the amount of people moaning and bitching about this game already. Crapping on about how the protagonists better have lots of diversity and the game needs to be less racist and sexist. :rolleyes:
Of course people will bitch about it... it has the rockstar logo.
Same morons would see the logo and complain about table tennis. :owink:
I for one would be let down if the game wasn't racist and sexist. They have to step shit up since GTA5's torture part.
And since this is the old west, I'd like to see some Rape, Lynchings, Hangings and all the other cool old westerny stuff that all the social media warriors like to complain about..
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Maybe I should get around to playing RDR. Someone sell me on what makes that game so good.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

About 10 minutes to go!
melancholy wrote:Maybe I should get around to playing RDR. Someone sell me on what makes that game so good.
Good characters, decent story, lots of different things to do and see.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That was a bit shorter than I was hoping for.