TV Shows: Renewed, Axed, Picked Up + News

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

TV Shows: Renewed, Axed, Picked Up + News

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Axed: Agent Carter, The Muppets, CSI Cyber, Bordertown, Containment, Nashville, Castle, The Grinder, Grandfathered, Cooper Barrett

Renewed: The Real O’Neals, The Catch, American Crime, Chicago Justice, Life in Pieces

Picked Up: Kevin Can Wait, Riverdale, Frequency, No Tomorrow, Chicago Justice, Still Star-Crossed, Conviction, Downward Dog

Skynet
Site Admin

Re: TV Shows: Renewed, Axed, Picked Up + Ratings

Post by Skynet »

Carter being cancelled sucks :(

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

But what will they do during the mid season break in shield now? also damn Bordertown didnt last long

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Renewed: Family Guy, The Carmichael Show

Axed: Mysteries of Laura

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Deadbeat is not getting a season 4.

Season 3 was funny as always, BUT didn't feel like the same show without Sue or Camamile or Roofie..
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Renewed: Orphan Black (5th and final season), Upstart Crow (Ben Elton's Shakespeare sitcom)

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Archer Renewed for Three More Seasons

LOS ANGELES, June 21, 2016 – The hit animated comedy series Archer has been renewed for three more seasons, it was announced today by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions. Archer will return for an eight-episode season 8 in early 2017, followed by two additional eight-episode seasons. FX Networks has also reached a new overall production deal with Floyd County Productions.

“We can’t say enough about what Adam, Matt and the entire Archer team at Floyd County have done to keep this series so insanely funny and vital through seven seasons,” said Grad. “The move to Los Angeles this past season as private detectives was just the latest twist in Archer’s legendary exploits and the next three seasons will to be just as amazing and unpredictable. We are thrilled to continue making great TV with our friends and colleagues at Floyd County.”

Archer is an animated, half-hour comedy that revolves around a former spy agency turned private investigation firm and the lives of its employees. The Figgis Agency presented all new challenges for the former spies in Season 7, the most difficult of which might have been the move to Los Angeles. Every seedy surveillance of a suspected adulterer or investigation into insurance fraud was actually just another excuse for the staff to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gain.

The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the highly skilled and incredibly vain private eye “Sterling Archer;” Aisha Tyler as Archer’s fellow detective and on-again-off-again girlfriend, “Lana Kane;” Jessica Walter as Archer’s domineering mother and former spy agency director, “Malory Archer;” Chris Parnell as the agency owner and lead investigator “Cyril Figgis;” Judy Greer as the agency’s loquacious, dingbat secretary, “Cheryl;” Amber Nash as the gruff but lovable muscle, “Pam Poovey;” Adam Reed as the gay voice of reason, “Ray Gillette;” and Lucky Yates as the firm’s possibly mad scientist/possible clone of himself, “Krieger.”

Archer was created by Adam Reed and Floyd County Productions and is executive produced by Reed and Matt Thompson. The show is produced by FX Productions.
Info from the Archer FB page

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Bloody hell. I'm happy this is happening but 3 more seasons? Christ. I wonder what the deal is with the season finale from the last season as well.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

My guess is multiple robots of everyone, though I'm still wondering if the Krieger we've been watching is one of the clones the real one may returmn

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Hawq wrote:My guess is multiple robots of everyone, though I'm still wondering if the Krieger we've been watching is one of the clones the real one may returmn
That's what I was thinking.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I could have sworn archer was gone.. Especially when the 13 episodes of this season was changed to 10. I thought it was coming to an abrubt end.

I am glad it isn't ending. :) I am glad the world is finally enjoying Adam Reed and Matt Thompson's work like it should have been since the Sealab days.

In other awesome news for me.. Silicon Valley is getting season 4! :osmile:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Renewed: Mr. Robot

Axed: Vinyl

Finished: Penny Dreadful

NicholasKotan
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by NicholasKotan »

Carter being cancelled sucks

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

NicholasKotan wrote:Carter being cancelled sucks
That's my post, get your own.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Vinyl getting axed doesn't surprise me. I tried to get into it and watched it all but considering Martin Scorcese was on board I was hoping for better. A show set in the Music industry of the 70s writes itself, you had most artists high as a kite but there was some great music made especially in the soul/R&B world and in Rock. Plus in the later 70s yo had Punk becoming more mainstream which is the antithesis of the whole Punk ethos. You also had Disco which although it has its detractors it's influenced a ton of today's dance acts and remixes. Guys like Tom Moulton the remixer, Nile Rodgers, Barry White, Gamble and Huff, The Bee Gees, Sylvester, Donna Summer a lot of the Music produced and or by these artists stand up today. Sylvester was a talented cat who came from a gospel background who never really got his props. You Make Me Feel Mighty Real is a dancefloor filler for sure. Going off topic but Vinyl had tons of areas to explore and there's the dark, shady side of the biz which Scorcese usually excels at bringing to the fore. Goodfellas in the Music industry should have been Vinyls schtick backed with a better soundtrack.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Renewed: Angie Tribeca

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Axed: Duck Dynasty

Renewed: Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, A Place to Call Home

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Renewed: Z Nation

Axed: Masters of Sex

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Axed: 2 Broke Girls, Last Man Standing, The Blacklist: Redemption, Son of Zorn, Making History, APB

Renewed: Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Last Man on Earth, Speechless, Fresh Off the Boat. Black-ish, Damnation, Modern Family, The Goldbergs, The Blacklist