The Final Fantasy Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

The Final Fantasy Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Final Fantasy 7 Remake to span multiple full games

Final Fantasy 7 Remake episodes may not be as small as we were originally lead to believe.

Around the reveal of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake late last year, game director Tetsuya Nomura said that the game will be split into multiple episodes.

Not everyone took this well, but, according to a more recent interview, Square Enix clarified what Nomura’s comment actually meant. According to the latest issue of Game Informer, as reported by Gamespot, the goal is to structure the Remake in a similar way to that of Final Fantasy 13’s.

“It will essentially be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In [FF]13, each instalment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory in a sense,” producer Yoshinori Kitase told the magazine.

“Whereas with Final Fantasy 7 Remake, we already have a pre-existing story, so it wouldn’t really make sense if that isn’t encompassed in a multi-part series.

“So if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy 13 game.”

The Final Fantasy 7 Remake is still a ways off, with no announced release date.

Source: VG247

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The best Final Fantasy game is finally getting a remaster

Final Fantasy 12's International Edition getting PS4 HD version in 2017.

The very best Final Fantasy game ever made - and if you think otherwise I will fight you - is getting an HD remaster, with Final Fantasy 12 coming to PlayStation 4 in 2017.

Square Enix made the announcement via its YouTube channel, releasing a brief trailer that shows the makeover in the works for the 2006 PlayStation 2 game. Excitingly, it seems the Final Fantasy 12 remaster will be taking its cues from the International Edition of the game which never saw release outside of Japan, introducing tweaked combat and a new Zodiac job system.

There's no mention of platforms outside of the PS4 (and we'll likely have to give up on our hopes of a Vita version), and Square's yet to make an announcement beyond the video itself.

What makes Final Fantasy 12 so special? Partly it's the world of Ivalice, which carries the fingerprints of legendary designer Yasumi Matsuno, but also it's its brilliant MMO-esque combat that remains unique in the series. Well, apart from the actual Final Fantasy MMOs, but you get what I mean.

Source: Eurogamer

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I'm nearly more excited for this than I am XV. Though the story is pretty weak compared to previous entries, it has the best battle system of any RPG ever.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

This was actually the Final Fantasy that made me stop caring about Final Fantasy. I played it for about an hour, then took it to work to have re-wrapped and returned it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Final Fantasy 15 delay confirmed, coming in November

Push your expectations back two months

Final Fantasy 15 will miss its previously announced Sept. 30 release in order to allow the team to "further polish and conduct quality testing," Square Enix announced today.

The game will now launch Nov. 29, confirming delay rumors that began circling earlier this week. Game director Hajime Tabata further explained the delay in the video above.

"From the moment we joined this project, our vision was to create a level of freedom and realism previously unseen in the series," said Tabata in a prepared statement. "Regrettably, we need a little bit more time to deliver on this vision and are confident that this new release date will help us achieve this. As the director and lead of this project, I wish to personally apologize for the additional wait. As a team, we want Final Fantasy 15 to achieve a level of perfection that our fans deserve. We kindly ask for your understanding."

According to Square Enix, the delay will not affect the Aug. 30 digital release date of Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15, the CG film based on the game's characters. Release dates for the disc version, however, as well as the anime Brotherhood: Final Fantasy 15, may still yet change; Square Enix is expected to update fans at a later date.

Final Fantasy 15 will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Source: Polygon

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The World Of Final Fantasy demo is up on PSN. It's 1.3gb.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:The World Of Final Fantasy demo is up on PSN. It's 1.3gb.
I just don't see the appeal of that game at all. I finally got around to watching the preview video of it and it looks dumb.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy wrote:I just don't see the appeal of that game at all. I finally got around to watching the preview video of it and it looks dumb.
It is kinda goofy looking.

The game's not bad though. Old school FF battles with some Pokemon thrown in. I'll probably get it when it's cheaper.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Final Fantasy Legends II Announced For iOS And Android

Final Fantasy Legends II has been announced in Japan, with game creator Takashi Tokita calls the title “rebirth.”

The first Final Fantasy Legends, which localized in the West as Final Fantasy Dimensions, debuted in 2010.

Currently, the game is running a pre-register campaign, and Square Enix is calling this latest mobile title “a new Final Fantasy legend,” adding that “a new adventure begins.” Makes sense as this is, you know, Final Fantasy Legends II!

No Western release has yet been announced, but if there is, expect it to be localized as Final Fantasy Dimensions II.

Source: Kotaku

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Wait, what the fuck? There's a boss that takes 72 hours to beat? Like, for real?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It sounds insane if it really does go that long. It's gotta be 3 ingame days, which is supposed to be about 3 hours.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

So I preordered FFXV with the season pass. I've played through both demos and have been extremely excited for this game. But after 4 hours, I'm just not into it. The open world coupled with the pure action-based combat has me completely turned off. And the part of the game I thought I would enjoy the most, which is the interaction between the 4 characters, has so far been more annoying that fun. I feel compelled to keep playing just because I spent the money on it, but I'm honestly ready to just walk away. I'm so depressed...I had so much hope this would be the FF game to bring my love of the series back after the terrible XIII, but it feels like going from awful to meh.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »