World of Sport Wrestling one off (spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Hawq
Site Admin

World of Sport Wrestling one off (spoilers)

Post by Hawq »

Well that was a fun show, kicked off with Grado v Mastif for the title & ended the same after some cheaty stuff from Mastiks cronies. Shame it was a one off but if its been popular enough they say it could become regular. Nice to see a ladder match in there & the firsy WOS womens match, the only woman in the old one wrestled the blokes as they didnt have any other women in it & at this point I'm wondering why I added the spoiler bit as my memory is failing on specifics, nice to see JR back in a commentary role again though

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: World of Sport Wrestling one off (spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

I think JR's being doing some commentary for New Japan too. I've read mixed reviews so far on WOS, but I'll check it out. Surprising to see ITV go ahead with putting pro-wrestling back on Saturday afternoons again. Maybe if WOS does a good rating it bodes well for them continuing on with it, or picking up TNA and putting it on ITV2/ITV3 or ITV4 maybe. As I don't think the current product will fit in with ITV's Saturday afternoon entertainment. Also ITV seem to forgot they showed WCW Worldwide til about 1994, so it's been 22 years since pro-wrestling's been on the channel.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It was OK. The show looked good, like WWE with a TNA crowd, although it did have a bit of a cheesy Gladiators feel to it at times. They need to stop cutting to the crowd so much.

The wrestling was solid. Nothing amazing but some decent matches.

Not surprisingly, Grado is very over.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

1.25 million watched WOS. Apparently those aren't great ratings but might be enough to get ITV to commission more episodes. It was up against Liverpool v Man City, so it had strong competition.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

1.25m isn't bad, but considering the publicity they had going in, I think it'll be seen as a OK but not great audience. The Man City/Liverpool game was on BT Sports (a pay channel) whilst ITV is a free to air channel so WOS had a greater chance for viewers. Back in the day, WOS got in its heyday 20 million IIRC for Haystacks v Daddy. But again that was a lead in for the 1981 FA Cup final and there was only 3 or 4 TV channels then. I'm not surprised Grados over, he's somebody who WWE should sign for their UK shows, especially in Scotland. He'd be ideal in the Santino comedy role. But I think if ITV pushes his as the Scottish Big Daddy it would be a smart move.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Its on now, started at 5 so if you missed the start hit ITV+1 at 6

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Seems WOS might be getting another reboot, this time with Nick Aldis & Mickie on board.

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-wor ... l-relaunch

https://whatculture.com/amp/wwe/report- ... -to-return

Wonder if they'll be any AEW crossover since I think ITV own the rights to WOS and ITV airs AEW.