The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Australian ingredient that Americans are loving

Answer: chicken salt

They don't even have chicken salt on KFC!!! :oshocked:

First it was not saying fortnight and now it's no chicken salt. For shame, America. For shame!

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Re: The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by Roofus »

Wikipedia says that we call it seasoned salt. It may not be the exact same thing, but it's been around forever.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hmmm, that's OK then.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Chicken Salt ™ is a 100% Authentic Vegan Kosher Parve Seasoning with a unique chicken flavor made with "Pure Ocean® Sea Salt," Turmeric, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder - No Chicken Products & No Manufactured Food Additives - Gluten & MSG Free – Paleo and Vegan Diet compatible– Use as Table Salt or Chicken Bouillon
Yeah, we just call it seasoned salt. We put it on everything. I love it on greens.

Although maybe Australia includes powdered chicken broth in their's. Although that's what we use in our chicken flavored ramen noodles (or pot noodles as they're called outside of the US.) But that's viewed as bad food for poor people that you can get a 12 pack of for less than $3. So if gourmet cooks like it, that's kind of hilarious. I was eating Nissin brand top ramen when I was a broke college student since they were $1.50 for a six pack and I could save money to buy weed.

Ah, the days of that in tupperware cooked in a shitty microwave in 2003.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Sir, that doesn't have avocado on it, it has guacamole. We can make a substitution.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Arnott’s Shapes ‘new and improved’ flavours come under fire

BISCUIT maker Arnott’s has come under fire for meddling with its iconic Shapes flavours.

Lovers of popular Shapes classics like barbecue, pizza and cheese and bacon have flooded Arnott’s Facebook page with complaints about its “new and improved” recipe.

Many consumers pleaded for the company to change the savoury snacks back.

Parents wrote that their kids were leaving the packets in their lunch boxes complaining they tasted “gross”.

“You’ve taken an iconic Australian institution and meddled with it,” Dan McLean wrote.

Arnott’s last month announced that more flavour was coming to their Shapes biscuits following extensive biscuit trials.

Boxes of the new Shapes only hit supermarket shelves this week.

Have you tried the new and improved Shapes? Tell us what you think below

Arnott’s has been busy replying to the customer complaints.

“We changed the flavours based on customer feedback that they wanted to see bigger and bolder flavours,” once response said.

“We’ll be listening to all the feedback fans have and making a decision on whether we keep the new flavours on.”

When customers asked why they didn’t just add more of the original flavouring, Arnott’s wrote: “We did explore simply adding more flavour to the biscuits but unfortunately it just wouldn’t stay on!

“This is why we decided to bake the flavour right inside the Shapes where it couldn’t escape, as well as adding a new flavour coating that stuck much better to the biscuit’s surface.”

The criticism comes after Arnott’s copped a $51,000 fine for allegedly misleading consumers about the saturated fat content in its Shapes Light & Crispy varieties.

Source: Herald Sun

I like BBQ & Savoury. Savoury doesn't need changing and BBQ would be improved by putting more of the red stuff (tomato flakes?) on it, even if it does just end up at the bottom of the pack.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:The Australian ingredient that Americans are loving

Answer: chicken salt

They don't even have chicken salt on KFC!!! :oshocked:

First it was not saying fortnight and now it's no chicken salt. For shame, America. For shame!
If you have $10 to spend on salt, you can get real life Australian chicken salt from Amazon.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

So I bought a box of the "new & improved" BBQ Shapes because they were on special. They have ruined our lovely bogan snack! At first taste it was quite horrible, but improves a little bit after trying it some more. It's sort of like Chicken In A Biscuit, which I'm not a fan of.

Good thing the original one is returning.

Box of 'original' Shapes selling online for $50 after new formula fails to impress

Boxes of "original formula" Arnott's Shapes are now selling online for as high as $50 amid a huge customer outcry about the taste of the "new and improved" biscuits.

The revamp of the snack range has not been well received, with thousands of once-loyal Shapes fans demanding the return of the old, classic flavour.

But others are pouncing on the opportunity to make some cash out of a leftover box lying in the pantry.

One eBay user has listed a box of pizza-flavoured Arnott's Shapes for $49.95, more than ten times the normal price.

"Brand new pack of Arnott's Pizza Shapes," the seller declares. "These are the original formula before they changed to the terrible new style!"

"Reminisce (sic) about all those years of great tasting Shapes for the last time."

The Arnott's Shapes Facebook page has been bombarded with hundreds complaints since the new range hit the supermarket shelves.

"Please bring the originals back, these new ones are foul. They are light and tasteless, akin to eating sawdust," said one person.

"Why do the new shapes taste like cardboard and air? No flavour even," complained another.

One self proclaimed "loyal fan" wrote: "I was a barbecue shapes loyal fan but I just tried the new ones and I don't think I can ever eat them again unless they change back."

Responding to one customer on social media, Arnott's said: "we'll be listening to all the feedback fans have and making a decision on whether we keep the new flavours or not based on how they are received publicly."

Source: The Age

Iced Coffee Man
Global Mod

Post by Iced Coffee Man »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:So I bought a box of the "new & improved" BBQ Shapes because they were on special. They have ruined our lovely bogan snack! At first taste it was quite horrible, but improves a little bit after trying it some more. It's sort of like Chicken In A Biscuit, which I'm not a fan of.

Good thing the original one is returning.

Why is the Apache there?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

There are riots in the streets over the new flavours. Arnotts had to get the army in to disperse packets of the original flavour to appease the masses.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Yes.. Which is while we'll market it as NEW shapes.. THEN, when everyone hates it, we'll bring back shapes classic, and make BILLIONS!!!

This reminds me of when they fucked with Vegemite. I still have one of those isnack jars sealed in the kitchen cupboard..
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

That doesn't look disgusting at all.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Jesus Christ. If I opened that up I'd swear they gave me an old hamburger from 2006.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

He jizzes.

I want that Golden Axe Warrior BTW.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Okay he convinced me to try them today. Reviews don't get more positive than that. :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »