The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Coke are discontinuing Lift in Australia.

Beaten by the king!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Oh no!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

There will be no shortage. A pack of chips costs $5.

That's a stupid price. And even me, a fat bastard who loves chips, find better things to eat for that kind of money.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm sure the same way Kiss has been on a farewell tour for 87 years.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

In Macca's news, the Macca's not closest to me, not 2nd closest to me but the 3rd closest has perfected the 1-5 am burger.

Doesn't matter if it's a cheeseburger of any description or size or quarter pounder of any description or size.
They are sooo greasy. Like they'll hand me the bag and it all looks normal, but by the time I've driven the 7 minutes home, the grease has eaten through the box, any napkins that may be under it, and through the bag and is leaving grease on the front seat of the car (fortunately leather) the bun and the cheese have absorbed it they're practically soggy, but it's ok because they hold together just long enough to start eating, as you take the first bite the grease drips out into the now soaked box and you enter a state of pure bliss.

So greasy! Which is what you want from a 1-5am Burger.

Hungry Jacks have gone shit with their dry as fuck meat they drown in a litre of sauce and a litre of mayo and their burgers are still dry despite the 2 litres of fucking sauces that explode out the second you try to pick them up.

Long live the McGreaseball.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

:olol: There should be two options at McDonald's: Sopping wet, greasy disasters; or succulent, grilled masterpieces. I had the greatest Quarter Pounder ever for lunch while traveling, the patties were perfectly cooked and just a touch greasy.

But alas, the guberment stole the late-night McDonald's from us. We have eight(!) locations, only one is open until midnight. :ocry: Almost all of them used to be 24 hours a day.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Stealing your after midnight burgers? That's Un-American!

I really think more stores need to be open 24 hours.
Around me, we have 2 out of 4 Macca's and 1 out of 3 711's open 24h. And that is it. There's only like 1 or 2 24 hour supermarkets left in the whole city and they're on the wrong side of town for me.
Even the kebab shops close about 3-4am now, and I've lost count of the times I've wanted after hours fish and chips on a whim and have been left wanting.

Used to be 2 out of 3 711's but one put in a night safe window which made it functionally useless.
The store attendant is never able to remember the 2 kiwi Sublime mothers, the king size Snickers, the small bag of Doritos, the large bag of twisties, 2 original glazed Kremes, a southern fried chicken and slaw wrap, and pouch of makers blend tobacco so I always have to avoid that one.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:48 am :olol: There should be two options at McDonald's: Sopping wet, greasy disasters; or succulent, grilled masterpieces. I had the greatest Quarter Pounder ever for lunch while traveling, the patties were perfectly cooked and just a touch greasy.

But alas, the guberment stole the late-night McDonald's from us. We have eight(!) locations, only one is open until midnight. :ocry: Almost all of them used to be 24 hours a day.
The only chain I consistently get soppy grease disasters is always Wendys. Burger King and Hardees just have mayo overloads. McDonald's is never sloppy except for the McChicken, which I don't like anyway because that lettuce is always disgusting.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:55 am
pixel wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:48 am :olol: There should be two options at McDonald's: Sopping wet, greasy disasters; or succulent, grilled masterpieces. I had the greatest Quarter Pounder ever for lunch while traveling, the patties were perfectly cooked and just a touch greasy.

The only chain I consistently get soppy grease disasters is always Wendys.
This tracks, but it's sad and tragic when Wendy's does it. McDonald's make greasy taste good.
Bandit wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:55 amBurger King and Hardees just have mayo overloads.
Hardees especially, Burger King around here adds more mustard than the others.
Bandit wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:55 amMcDonald's is never sloppy except for the McChicken, which I don't like anyway because that lettuce is always disgusting.
I'd ban fast food lettuce if it were up to me, almost always a mistake.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

It's never been too bad here, usually Subway of all places has the mankiest lettuce.

But don't ban lettuce, because then they'll start using raw cabbage and it is fucking disgusting and we'll all be sorry.

I'd take brown, starting to decompose, rank lettuce on a burger over fresh fucking raw cabbage any day of the week.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Also. Wendy's here is very different from your Wendy's.

But on the local Wendy's, I really miss having one.
The flake shake was the best drink in the world, their hotdogs were always just great and they invented the Wendy's bitz which was the best icecream ever invented untill Macca's stole the bitz and made the McFlurry.

A McFlurry is literally just a Wendy's Bitz but introduced years later. Soft serve ice cream and various bits to put in it, including M&Ms.

No it's not a fucking McFlurry, it's a good damn Wendy's Bitz, and moe the bartender didn't invent it!
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:19 am
Bandit wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:55 am

The only chain I consistently get soppy grease disasters is always Wendys.
This tracks, but it's sad and tragic when Wendy's does it. McDonald's make greasy taste good.
Bandit wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:55 amBurger King and Hardees just have mayo overloads.
Hardees especially, Burger King around here adds more mustard than the others.
Bandit wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:55 amMcDonald's is never sloppy except for the McChicken, which I don't like anyway because that lettuce is always disgusting.
I'd ban fast food lettuce if it were up to me, almost always a mistake.
Wendy's just needs to come out with a slogan of "Zero Fucks Given."

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:20 am Wendy's just needs to come out with a slogan of "Zero Fucks Given."
I thought that was their slogan?
Or maybe it's just their social media mantra.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:22 am
Bandit wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:20 am Wendy's just needs to come out with a slogan of "Zero Fucks Given."
I thought that was their slogan?
Or maybe it's just their social media mantra.
They should go all in with it like that hotdog place in Chicago

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I had the Ghost Pepper Whopper. It was good, but it was really similar to Dairy Queen’s Flamethrower Burger and I wasn’t a fan of the crispy jalapeños.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It looks nice in the video.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Energy egg!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Doughrbik's is the latest installment of a content creator getting into the food industry from David Dobrik of the Vlog Squad. From no full pizzas to missing branding and breadsticks, I firmly believe Doughbriks opened far too soon.