The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Man finds decades-old McDonald’s inside bathroom wall during renovations

Would you like decades-old fries with that?

Rob Jones of Crystal Lake, Illinois, was renovating the front half bathroom of his home on April 16 when he made a peculiar discovery inside one of the walls. Jones found what appeared to be an ancient bag of McDonald’s complete with burger wrappers and half-eaten very, very old fries.

Jones and his wife were removing the old toilet paper holder from the wall when they noticed a rag inside, he told FOX TV Stations.

"We pulled the rag out and could feel something wrapped inside it. We were happy to find just the McDonald’s bag and not something worse," Jones said.

The particular logos on the bag and wrappers that Jones found appeared to be from the first and original logo from the 1950s, with Speedee, McDonald’s original mascot before Ronald McDonald, holding a sign reading: "I’m Speedier" and "Custom built hamburgers."

Coincidentally, Jones said his home was built in 1959 and it was just down the road from one of the original McDonald’s in his area.

An additional and somewhat frightening bonus: the leftover fries did not smell, according to Jones.

"Had we not been renovating they probably would’ve sat there another 60 years," Jones joked.

Jones posted the photo of his new discovery on Reddit and comments poured in with jokes asking Jones to let them know how the nearly 70-year-old leftover fries tasted and even going so far as to tell Jones he should save the fries for someone to examine.

"The way it crumbles into petrified potato dust. So good. I recommend pairing them with ketchup," one commenter joked.

"You, sir, are officially an archeologist," another commenter said.

Source: Fox9

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

63 year old McD's?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Your drug dealers just sell salads on the street corner now.

Actually I bought some lettuce last night and it went up here too even though they grow it everywhere. Vegans are going to be fighting in fields for wild lettuce.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

We have salad injecting rooms.

Last week I tried to buy some and couldn't find any. Today at the local greengrocer iceberg lettuce was A$9 (US6.46). A lot of places have them for $12.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Holy shit. We used to be able to get it for $1.50 (A$2.09) and now it's $3 (A$4.19)

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

If you can even find lettuce here, by weight it's more fucking expensive than all the cheap meats.

I got the last lettuce in the local supermarket last week for $9.
Nine fucking dollars. Last time I got a lettuce from the same shop of the same size it was $2.50.

For that price I could have got Beef Mince, roast chicken, pork or chicken schnitzels, the cheaper sandwich steak or bargain lamb cutlets.

How any kind of meat is cheaper than any kind of fruit or vegetable is fucking beyond me.
Even years back when Bananas got fucking insane, it wasn't as bad as $9 for 400g of lettuce.

More meat it is. Even Tomatoes have gone up a lot, but next to lettuce it seems sane.

I Like cabbage, even boiled on its own and in various slaws and salads... But raw cabbage on a KFC, or indeed any burger will be absolutely fucking rancid.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I remember a friend telling me the most shocking thing about going to McDonald's in Japan was seeing employees who acted like they were happy to be there.

Interesting they make a Po Boys shrimp sandwich in Japan, I'd try one if they did it here.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

ian wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:57 amBut raw cabbage on a KFC, or indeed any burger will be absolutely fucking rancid.
Can confirm.

Got an ultimate box and forgot to ask for no cabbage.
Tried one bite of the Burger and it was fucking putrid.
Once it was all scraped off, it was still the nice tasty KFC we all knew and loved.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Foods so good they should come with a warning label?

Tonight I've been thinking about it, we have warnings on tobacco and alcohol and gambling ads, but what junk foods are simply so good and addictive that you could eat an entire packet of, and still come back for more?
I've only got a select few. And not even Coke is good enough to make my list, and I love coke.

Original glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (freshly baked)
Original Tim Tams.
Original Pringles.
And if drinks can be included, Farmers Union Iced Coffee.

These products are not just good, but so good that even when I know I shouldn't be eating them anymore, I still can and do.
Many foods I eat to slight excess, but always have a point where I say no more, that's why I'm fat. But with the food and drink above, the only limit is when the packet or even second or 3rd packet is empty.

I only thought about it when I had a day old Krispy Kreme and thought to myself: Damn, I could go for another 12 of those. And it was only a stale one. If I had an endless supply of fresh ones I'd probably eat 50, throw up, then eat another 50 and die of diabetes!

So BG, what food needs a warning label for being so fucking amazing it's practically criminal?
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Marshawn Lynch is okay, they must not be that bad if you can eat that many.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Emo Wendy won.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

THAT'S A BLOODY OUTRAGE, THAT IS!

Where will all the shit lemon ones go? Hopefully into the bin where they belong.

I will miss cherry.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Tasty Period...sounds delicious...yum yum...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

As many other companies, Starbucks left Russia, but the coffee houses were bought by a Russian pro-Putin rapper Timati and reopened with a new name: Stars Coffee. I wonder why now 'Ztarz coffee' though. Today we will go to the USSRbucks Coffee and see if the new coffee is as trashy as Timati's songs. But I hope for the best. Wish me gulag! Sorry, good luck!