Hawq
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Hawq » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:54 am

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:46 am

damn if I'd realised how long that womens title match recap was I coulda watched another full episode of Picard, at this rate channel 5's recap show is gonna have the entire Raw in it withing a week or 2

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:58 am

So is Wrestlemania gonna be free to watch on the Network? Because if so I will totally let you people take great pleasure in my suffering and watch both days on Sunday.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:49 am

WM is going to be on the Network. Both nights.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:32 am

rumours of shutting down after mania for the duration of this virus stuff have appeared, among other things in this vid that covers some aew bits as well

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:07 am

Shit.
Ok so you all can enjoy my suffering as I watch Wrestlemania.
FML

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:04 am

So for the hell of it I watched the men's Royal Rumble from 2020 and I have to revise my opinion a little bit. I think eliminating Reigns actually got MacIntyre over like he needed to be to be a main eventer, which means I like this Rumble way more than I did upon first viewing.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:15 pm

Said I would watch both nights and I meant it. Here's night one for the two of you that care to read it. I'm just gonna give overall thoughts on the matches versus trying to write as they happen. If anything happens in between matches that I deem interesting, I might say something too.

NIGHT ONE:

This pirate opening is poopy and it never fucking ends.

The arena, the host, no fans....this is just bizarre as shit you guys. This is surreal to see.

Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross vs Kabuki Warriors - Call me fucking crazy but this was a pretty damn good match ((I can't exactly punish any match for lack of heat or pop, which feels fucking WEIRD)). Nothing I would change about this at all. *** plus an extra 1/2 for Nikki bearing her amazing large boobs so ***1/2

King Corbin vs Elias - Just a match, nothing good, nothing bad. Just...bleh. **

Shayna Basler vs Becky Lynch - *REALLY* good match, a couple of small flubs but the facials, combos, psychology, and hard work were all there and I'm in a forgiving mood. I really like this Basler girl - great worker and great look, like some kind of wrestling demon without going overboard. Basler's performance after the match sealed it for me - just a look of heartbroken disbelief. ****

Daniel Bryan vs Sami Zayn - This was so exciting that I fast forwarded through to the finish after about ten minutes of sub-Memphis stalling. And it didn't exactly make me want to go back and watch the rest. DUD

Kofi Kingston vs Jimmy Uso vs John Morrison - Mess of a match, some ok spots but no real flow. Morrison worked hard so **

Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens - One thing I liked right off the bat - they worked WITH the lack of crowd and noise. I liked the effort and the false finish with the timekeeper's bell although I think they should have just made it a no DQ match from jump. This match could have used a bladejob or two but this was ok. Call it ***

Goldberg/Strauman - They spawned finishers like a Smackdown game, and Strauman had more finishers saved up. Goldberg's bumps looked awkward as hell. *

Undertaker/Styles - Don't give a fuck what anyone else says, this was ENTERTAINING AS FUCK and a fucking epic performance from everyone. Felt like the end of an 80's action film. Five hundred thousand million billion stars.