WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Ocelot »

Hey so I got Peacock to watch Halloween Ends and hey not only do they have nice selection of other shit to watch but they have all the WWE shit. So I watched a few things for the halibut.

Rollins/Reigns from Royal Rumble 2022 was pretty choice. Loved the creative ending and holy shit those were some stiff shots they were giving each other. Not quite epic territory but still pretty damn good. ***1/2

Women's Royal Rumble 2022 - Aliyah or whatever her name is, a brand spanking new rookie, was in there for 23 minutes and impressed the hell out of me. She has the IT factor and with the right development and coaching she'll be a main event player in five years. Beyond that it was solidly bleh and Ronda Rousey winning made me wanna throw up in my mouth a little. **

Reigns/Lesnar from Wrestlemania 22 was exactly what I expected, like Vince McMahon and that bucky beaver motherfucker Kevin Dunn were playing Raw '22 and started with five finishers. Reigns hit a backwards spear to Lesnar that was so shitty that I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. **1/2 but from a comedy perspectine it was ************************

Not sure how long I'm gonna keep Peacock but maybe I'll review shit I watch if it stands out to me.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Can you smell what The Rockette is cookin?

The Rock's daughter has had a bit of work done to her face. Money well spent.

Before

After

AN OK first promo. She's only 21, so if she can wrestle and improves on the mic then she probably will end up WWE champ in a few years time.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'd put her with Bloodline rather than whatever this is. She could learn a lot from Heyman.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

She has her dad's raw talent and charisma. The problem is that she doesn't have a Pat Patterson to help her mold that into a viable product, but the potential is there.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

its a good point about the bloodlines promo & not being very 'oosey' gotaa say I laughed & loved how hard everyone was tring not to laugh which made me laugh even more

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

It's daylight savings time and I am not tired even tho I should be so I'm gonna watch the blood money PPV that is Crown Jewel - well at least some of it, and give y'all my thoughts.
I dunno why I'm putting myself through this shit.
Skipping anything related to how wonderful it is that WWE is in bed with these pieces of shit, video packages, anglemania, etc, cuz I ain't got time.

BOBBY LASHLEY vs BROCK LESNAR - Hey Bobby's theme is pretty awesome. Apart from Lesnar biffing his knee the match was decent but that finish was peeeee yooooouuuuu. **

Skipping the women's match because seeing how they're dressed just reminds me of what a repressed piece of shit place they're in business in so fuck this shit.

DREW MACINTYRE vs KARRION KROSS - Ahahahahah nice job from the cameraman catching the referee giving the wrestlers instructions. Goodness lots of back elbows here. This match is shit. They're just going through the motions. God fuck this boring PPV.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I need some STEINER MATH to understand those rules!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This sounds like an idea that would have made Vince Russo jizz on himself if he thought it up for WCW.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

So I watched the first two wargames matches cuz I have Peacock and my plans tonight got moved to tomorrow so what the fuck, may as well.

Jeebers, they should have flip flopped when they put those on. The men's wargames was predictable and underwhelming. You knew none of those midcarders stood a chance. God what a waste.
The women's wargames, on the otherhand, was well done, with a few sloppy parts, but it really kicked into gear when more people from each team entered. Rhea Ripley has grown into the company's top female heel and seeing her live up to the potential I saw in her is rewarding. Bailey as her team's Tully Blanchard worked, and Bianca Belair, Asuka, and Nikki Cross wrestled like they belonged in there. 100 percent should have been the main event but god forbid we don't end the show with Reigns doing his stupid owagah yell.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The WWE Channel has launched on Foxtel/Kayo in Australia. Besides showing Raw/SD/NXT, they will also be showing all PPVs.

I've got Kayo, so getting this added for nothing extra is a pretty good deal.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Do they show old shows too or just current?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

On the channel itself it looks like it's mostly new stuff plus a few extra things thrown in like bios and Miz & Mrs. There's an on demand section as well but it's fairly bare. No old wrestling.

It's on BInge as well, there might be extra stuff on there.

This has replaced the Network in Australia.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Lil Petey Pump!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

This has replaced the Network in Australia.
So you can't watch other Network content only what's on the channel? Wonder if BT Sports will devote a channel to WWE and do the same. Once the UK TV rights are up I could see Sky bidding for them and having Sky Sports WWE.