WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Also the real leader of World Wrestling Entertainment Nick Khan is the arm next to McAfee.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

I can say I honestly was not shocked to see Vinces storyline illegitinat son appear last minute in the mitb & be written as the winner, no doubt the company may deny the storyline son idea but its pretty clear thas what they are doing, resonably entertaining apart from that end I guss. The rest of mitb was kind of OK - a little meh though, actually dozed off in the Rousy/Natty match & they at least normally put on a show I can sray awake through & often enjoy

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Vince's cock has cost him a lot of money.

Dawn Marie apparently got $7.5 million from Vince.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

- A $1 million payment in 2006 to a former 10-year WWE manager who alleged McMahon "initiated a sexual relationship with her."

Who do you think that is?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Terri Runnels? I think she stayed close to 10 years.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Bandit wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:17 am

Dawn Marie at her peak? Maybe worth the 7.5 million. :D

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:01 am Terri Runnels? I think she stayed close to 10 years.
It could be her.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:11 am
Bandit wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:17 am

Dawn Marie at her peak? Maybe worth the 7.5 million. :D
Also remember she left while pregnant. The internet rumor was she was having an affair with Kurt Angle and it was his. But maybe this is Vince's baby?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I wonder if Vince is finally done or if he'll win a title on tonight's SD or Monday's Raw?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

If McMahons paying these NDAs out of his own pocket and not company funds then there's nothing really they can do to him. He seems pretty much nonchalant about the whole thing and when he's coming out with a Cheshire Cat grin and fans cheering him I can't see much of any backlash that WWE will get from this.

I won't be surprised if he allegedly paid off others under the table in the past too which the investigators/journalists won't find out about unless they dig really deep. If WWE were still private then none of the NDAs etc would have even seen the light of the day. As for repercussions, I don't see much, if any at all, unfortunately. I'd be much surprised if Vince McMahon walks away from WWE he seems far too stubborn and would rather drag the company down with him then do the right thing and go.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The $7.5m is probably Christy Hemme instead of Dawn Marie. She was moved back to OVW before being fired.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

With the whole #MeToo movement gaining traction in 2018 it would have been more impactful had the lady in question spoken out, even anonymously, instead of an NDA since that protects McMahon. But maybe they didn't want the publicity or to have to deal with this being out in the open which is totally understandable.

Who knows whether Vince has done this whole thing since then and to who else in the past or even in the present. I don't know whether the statue of limitations would have expired or whatever state(s) these occurred in have some sort of law(s) protecting the victim and considered what he did a criminal matter I'm not sure.

It was definitely sexual harassment, an abuse of power (demoting them then not renewing their contract/release) and being coerced surely falls into the realm of sexual misconduct since I'm certain it wouldn't have been under freewill and further advances were rightly snubbed, which speaks volumes too.

If there was a union, the female wrestlers could make a stand and say until Vince McMahon goes we'll stand on the sidelines. Had this been Tony Khan, Billy Corgan, Scott D'Amore etc then there'd be petitions, boycotts like there was with Moolah, but Vince seems like he's teflon. WWE really needs to oust him out even if he has full voting rights etc and other things they are hiding behind. Nowadays what he's done doesn't fly (and never should to be fair) when they are pushing their "product" to a PG audience this is a really, really bad look when they are protecting him.

Unfortunately though, this hush money scandal, like his other alleged indiscretions, will all be swept under the rug. Unless those in question speak out, but when they've signed NDAs, to my knowledge, legally they can't.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:52 pm With the whole #MeToo movement gaining traction in 2018 it would have been more impactful had the lady in question spoken out, even anonymously, instead of an NDA since that protects McMahon. But maybe they didn't want the publicity or to have to deal with this being out in the open which is totally understandable.
The NDA would have been part of the deal.

If it was Christy, she had a kid in 2015 and then quadruplets in 2018, so $7.5m would have come in very handy.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

WSJ writers hinting more is coming.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Apparently NXT had a worst match of all time contender. And, shocker, it was a Lash Legend match.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Poor Indi.