New Music Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: New Music Thread

Post by Bandit »

WTF? R. Kelly put out an album behind bars that sounds like Marvin Gaye.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Just listened to the first 10 minutes. It sounds good.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I don't like to praise him because he's clearly guilty, but people are admitting this is one of the best albums he's ever made. Probably his last besides maybe someone putting out old unreleased songs.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

After what he has done, there should be no situation where he is producing any kind of album or media for public release. Shouldn’t he have an order restricting the distribution of material from which he may profit? You’d think so, right?

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I'm going to re-watch The boondocks rather than listen to it.

And if R Kelly goes to jail I'll piss on your cat! :rofl:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

🤩 :rofl2:

Cats do not do the’W’ word!
If he goes to prison then I will train my cat to piss on itself so I can see an instant replay like whenever I want. :yep: :yep:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Enjoy the silence, Ellie.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Here's a new song by Peter Gabriel.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This is the first time Metallica released two good singles since 1997. They might finally make a good album again. :oshocked:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:38 pm

This is the first time Metallica released two good singles since 1997. They might finally make a good album again. :oshocked:
Hey now, Death Magnetic had the day that never comes and all nightmare long. And both were fucking amazing.
The rest of the album was ok, but those tracks alone was double what was even good on St Anger.

I might even go so far as to say All nightmare long is their best song since 1991. But that's a big claim that I'm not ready to make.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I didn't like The Day That Never Comes. I used to call it The Song That Never Ends because it felt like the radio would be playing it 3 hours straight when it was the new single. I liked Cyanide and Judas Kiss better.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I don't even remember the last time I heard Metallica on the radio. like 2010? Not even the classic rock stations ever played anything other than Enter Sandman even back then.
A radio station here could win the year by playing a single Metallica song that ISN'T enter Sandman.
So if you've been overexposed, I can understand the not liking it.

I actually begun to loath Enter fucking Sandman in about 2010. It wasn't even in the top ten songs of the black album, an album with 12 tracks, let alone from the bands catalogue.
Even if Radio played a song from St. Anger other than the title track (the only good song), I'd consider it a win. :olol:
Play Master of Puppets a couple of times a year you cunts!
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:07 pm I don't even remember the last time I heard Metallica on the radio. like 2010? Not even the classic rock stations ever played anything other than Enter Sandman even back then.
A radio station here could win the year by playing a single Metallica song that ISN'T enter Sandman.

I actually begun to loath Enter fucking Sandman in about 2010. It wasn't even in the top ten songs of the black album, an album with 12 tracks, let alone from the bands catalogue.
Even if Radio played a song from St. Anger other than the title track (the only good song), I'd consider it a win. :olol:
Sandman was playing at the chemist the other day. I don't know if it was the radio or their own playlist but it did seem like an odd choice for a chemist, for some reason

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:07 pm I don't even remember the last time I heard Metallica on the radio. like 2010? Not even the classic rock stations ever played anything other than Enter Sandman even back then.

There's definitely no shortage of Metallica on American rock radio. The only album they don't play anything from is St. Anger. Probably because everyone changes the channel as soon as they hear the trashcan drums.

Skynet wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:33 pm

Sandman was playing at the chemist the other day. I don't know if it was the radio or their own playlist but it did seem like an odd choice for a chemist, for some reason
Now I definitely have not heard any Metallica song in a store besides a record store. The old.ladies would freak out.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I think the song is so popular here because in the 70's and 80's we had a car called the Sandman Panel Van.

Think about it, you're 18 in 1981 and you've just picked up a used sandman. You have your very own Shaggin' Wagon.

Metallica's Enter Sandman hits in 1991 and you're 28. This will be your last chance to rock out before you hit 30 and start going to gigs with ear plugs and telling all the kids their music sucks, their cars suck and the world sucks, get off my lawn.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

It's missing something... I don't know what, but I don't like it.
-Two Interactive.