Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The MLW Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Oh Impact! Never change being a pus filled zit on the body of wrestling!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This would be better if DAZN didn't just file for bankruptcy.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

EXCLUSIVE: Details on Saieve Al Sabah’s exit from MLW, emails exchanged, MLW comments
https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/07/0 ... -comments/

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Al-Sabah is a good man for risking his career to stop pedophiles. It's horrific you even have to say that since it should be a no-brainer he is the hero here. But the entertainment industry is so disgusting you have to be willing to martyr your career like Saieve Al-Sabah or Rose McGowan to save others.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yes he is and hopefully others will stand with him to put a stop to this once and all. The entertainment industry (you can trace this way back to the early days of Hollywood) is very messed up but as wrestling is such a niche sector within it you need to have some sort of governing body to police it. Otherwise this was sadly only continue.

Only really WWE have acted upon the allegations where they've fired people, but some like Dream and Matt Riddle are still under contract. Regardless of how much stock they have in a talent, if they are accused of sexual assault/inappropriate behaviour etc there's no place for them whatsoever in the business.

ROH still haven't gave a statement on their "investigation(s)" yet. Which is very telling as it involves guys who are in high positions up the card who are protected by that which is very wrong. Until everyone, regardless of their "status" isn't exempt from being fired and/or banned the business nothing will change unfortunately.

If it's a guy who they see as disposable then it's not going to be an issue but if it's a bigger name then they will be protected. Unless that changes and it has to, then there will sadly be more accusations. Considering Feinstein has been operating still for years is very telling too and he was also soliciting a minor :nono:

But if everyone makes a stand with Saieve then MLW has to act and hopefully other promotions will follow suit. Regardless of how bigger star the person in question is.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

St. Laurent comments on Davey Boy Smith Jr.

MLW’s head of wrestling operations speaks on the record.

Jared St. Laurent spoke with MLW.com today regarding recent conduct by Davey Boy Smith Jr.:

“I want to address some misinformation put out there. I had talks with Impact about Davey Boy possibly crossing over and doing some dates. We had a very positive conversation with Impact. Scott D’Amore and Impact were great to deal with and we were absolutely open to it. We gave Davey several options for how we could make this work as well as help him out financially during the pandemic. Davey opted to do nothing, unfortunately. It could’ve been a win/win for all 3 parties. It’s a shame but that is the full story.

On a personal level, I’ve known Davey for almost 2 decades. It’s sad to see him elect to end his tenure with yet another company on such a sour note.”

https://mlw.com/2020/08/14/st-laurent-c ... -smith-jr/

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Davey's been fading fast off the wrestling radar, which I will take as it means hopefully he's found something than will keep him from going down the same road as his father.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He's trying to open a sushi bar in Calgary. He's signed with All Japan but unable to travel.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

You know what?

I can completely buy this as a great idea.

I wanted to make a snarky joke but that's just a tremendous idea. I hope he gives some backstage advice too, and people listen. The wrestling business could do a lot worse than having Kevin Von Erich impart some old school values, psychology, and the lessons of fucking up on the road.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

"Anybody who wears boots is a sissy."

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

First big markout moment of 2021 as Ricky Banderas puts on the outfit that gives him his ultra superworker powers and debuts as Mil Muertes alongside a girl that I would give both my kidneys and my spleen to see naked and beats Brian Pillman Jr to death, dropping him right on his goddamn motherfucking head with the Flatliner at the end. So now in addition to AEW I have to watch MLW. I am a happy wrestling fan.