Cyberpunk 2077 thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

These patches are going to make the game a terabyte.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

:olol: Probably so, but I'm hoping that they are going to optimize things as well.

I played a few hours this weekend on my Ryzen 2600X / RTX 2060 and it chugged at <30fps at high, which wasn't unexpected. If I remember right, I set it down to medium to get 60 fps. Graphics be damned, my eyes can't handle playing a FPS slideshow.

And yes, there are bugs. :obiggrin: The one I've seen the most of is when the scanning menu (Tab) stays stuck open and I have to reload a save to fix it. The other big one was when an NPC didn't spawn after a mission, so I had no idea where to go. I was really confused the first time either happened, so now I know if this busted game isn't working right just reload the save to fix.

Otherwise, the game seems fun. I usually don't play a game like this, but the first few missions were alright. I can tell that this game is going to be really good when the GOTY edition comes out in a year or two, but it's a mess right now.

I'll probably have the game spoiled before I finish it though, that or I'll find some trainers so I can fart around. I did that for Mass Effect 1 & 2 because the game was a lot more fun when I could play out a power fantasy and spam biotics. I never finished ME3 because the ending fiasco spoiled everything for me, and then I lost my save so I didn't have any interest in playing.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Sony and Microsoft are dumb for not just telling them to make it for the next gen if PS4 and Xbox One can't handle it. They'd sell more consoles (if they can ever produce enough) with the game being so anticipated.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:36 am Sony and Microsoft are dumb for not just telling them to make it for the next gen if PS4 and Xbox One can't handle it. They'd sell more consoles (if they can ever produce enough) with the game being so anticipated.
or developers could, I don't know? Learn to do their jobs to a halfway competent level. (I know. not happening because idiots keep buying this shit)
When development started, the world had the PS3, and Xbox 360.
They started pre-production of the project in 2012. The next gen came out in 2013 (now last gen). And they started seriously making it after the Witcher 3. They've had at LEAST 5 years to make the game work on PS4 and XBO and realistically, they've had 7 years.

I'd be less angry if I hadn't of been looking forward to it, but it's not a hardware issue. Good programming could get a better result out of a PS3.
If you can't learn and make a system work for your game in SEVEN YEARS, might be time to change that day job :olol:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:43 am
Bandit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:36 am Sony and Microsoft are dumb for not just telling them to make it for the next gen if PS4 and Xbox One can't handle it. They'd sell more consoles (if they can ever produce enough) with the game being so anticipated.
or developers could, I don't know? Learn to do their jobs to a halfway competent level. (I know. not happening because idiots keep buying this shit)
They started pre-production of the project in 2012. The next gen came out in 2013 (now last gen). And they started seriously making it after the Witcher 3. They've had at LEAST 5 years to make the game work on PS4 and XBO and realistically, they've had 7 years.

I'd be less angry if I hadn't of been looking forward to it, but it's not a hardware issue. Good programming could get a better result out of a PS3.
If you can't learn and make a system work for your game in SEVEN YEARS, might be time to change that day job :olol:
They spent 3 years perfecting the penises.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

We round out our console Cyberpunk tests with a look at Xbox One systems. No question, base Xbox One has the biggest mountain to climb of last-gen systems spec-wise — but how close can it get to holding 30fps? And what upgrades does Xbox One X get, beyond support for 4K TVs? Tom and Rich take a look at their delivery next to PS4 systems - plus a quick test of patch 1.04 performance.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

What a mess

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:43 am

The scuttlebutt I heard was that development was faffed by management for the first few years, then the game was handed over to the coders with an unrealistic timeline.

I just hope we keep hearing about what went on internally at CDPR, and how it shipped like this. I think this will be a infamous story of being too ambitious with your game development.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I've got it on PC and I've only played about an hour or so of it. So far the only bug I've noticed is in the VR tutorial mode one of the enemies turned invisible except for the gun for a few seconds. But then again only being an hour in isn't enough to tell if the game is buggy or not. I'm hoping it isn't too bad as it seems like a pretty good game. I haven't had any performance issues so far either. I've only used Afterburner to check the FPS once and when I did it was hanging right around 60FPS. I haven't changed any of the graphical settings and just have them on what the game selected as default for my system and it looks just fine. Here are my settings for anyone who is curious.

My specs are
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: Geforce GTX 1660 Super overclocked to 2100mhz core and 7600mhz memory
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

What a disaster.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hardware accelerated ray tracing can prove transformative to the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 in many scenarios, but equally, its effects can be more subtle elsewhere. In this deep dive analysis, Alex Battaglia tests every ray tracing effect in the game and shows you exactly what they do. This work is worth factoring in when considering optimal settings, something Alex describes in depth here: https://youtu.be/pC25ambD8vs

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

That ray tracing video is enough to make me want to try Cyberpunk now. That looks so cool.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:43 am That ray tracing video is enough to make me want to try Cyberpunk now. That looks so cool.
Are you saying just the game itself looks cool in general or are you saying it looks cool because of the raytracing?

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Calavera wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:01 am
melancholy wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:43 am That ray tracing video is enough to make me want to try Cyberpunk now. That looks so cool.
Are you saying just the game itself looks cool in general or are you saying it looks cool because of the raytracing?
So I’m not big into futuristic dystopian kind of games, so Cyberpunk was never on my radar. But after watching some of the open world environments and now this ray tracing video showing how realistic the game can be, I’m more interested now than I had been up to this point.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

By getting Stadia working on his Switch.