Cyberpunk 2077 thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

That video looks extremely annoying just from the thumbnail!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Well that's a little much

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:52 am Well that's a little much
Yeah, that's probably a tish overboard on the analogy. :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests

- Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

Console-specific

- Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

PC-specific

- Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

CD PROJEKT promised a lot for Cyberpunk 2077 but barely managed to deliver a competently functioning experience and no, I'm not just talking about the PS4 and Xbox One versions.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:18 pm
Bandit wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:52 am Well that's a little much
Yeah, that's probably a tish overboard on the analogy. :olol:

It’s a stupid analogy. All of computer and video gaming is more like a suicide cult.
People who aren’t in the cult don’t understand it.
Some people don’t know they’re in a cult, some people do know they’re in a cult but don’t care.

Scalpers selling consoles and games at 10 times the price are just people NOT in the cult taking advantage of the stupidity of people in the cult.

Developers and publishers adding patches and updates and day one DLC was laying the groundwork for all of us to drink the poison koolaid.

The cult has members so devout that they will defend EA and defend Bethesda for buggy games that frustrate them more than entertain them. And people who get paid to put a positive spin on all the bullshit.

Some of us got drawn into the cult when we wanted to play half life 2 and steam was our matching purple robes and bulk sale Nikes that we all put on blissfully unaware what was planned for us back then.

Some have been drawn into the cult by fortnite and pubg.

Worse than members of the steam sub sect who put ourselves down this path are the ones who hate and complain.. AND THEN STILL BUY THE SHIT!

AND WORSE THAN THEM are the ones who bitch about how tencent and epic are RUINING GAMING FOR US ALL, but still claim the free fucking games.

Fallout 76 was the game where the poison got handed out to gamers worldwide...

Cyberpunk is the game that had 8 million people drink the fucking poison before they were meant to and no one wants to be left out and alive so everyone else has no choice but to either buy it and also drink the poison, or pirate the game, pretend to enjoy the taste and tip the drink onto the nearest pot plant.

If people enjoy all the bullshit, let them enjoy it. It’s only supposed to be entertainment.

But I’ve been very deep in this suicide cult for a very long time so when I’m slipped a lightly spiked fruit drink, I will spit it out right away, in the case of cyberpunk, after the 40 years of delays, that wasn’t lightly spiked.. it was a cup of mostly poison that fucking reeked of it before the cup even touched my lips.

Fuck us gamers can be stupid... we’re ruining it for ourselves, and everyone else.
I’m going to play my older cult games. At least I have grown accustomed to the poison of them and it doesn’t affect me so much anymore.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Patch 1.1

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability
Various stability improvements including:

- Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
- Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).

Quests/Open World

- Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
- Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
- Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
- Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
- Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
- Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
- Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
- Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
- Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
- Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
- Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.

UI

- Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
- Removed an invalid item from loot.

Visual

- Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
- Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
- Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.

Achievements

- Fixed an issue where completing one of the assaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.

Miscellaneous

- Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
- Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
- Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.

PC-specific

- It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
- Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Have any patches fixed the texture loading problems of the OG XBOne or PS4 yet?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Texture pop in is improved on the PS4 but worse on the Xbox One after this latest patch.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

SHOCKING news

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Cyberpunk 2077 on PC... tested on an Xbox One CPU? Yes, it's possible - just. Last year, a PC motherboard with an embedded Xbox One processor appeared in Far Eastern markets. It's the first time we've been able to run Windows on a last-gen console APU, so just what level of gaming performance can we achieve from it? And if we run Cyberpunk 2077's PC version on a console CPU, how does it actually compare to the console version itself? So began a lengthy journey that only recently reached a conclusion.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Remember this game?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Looks like I will finally have to unwrap my copy of Cyberpunk that I got day 1.