Star Wars Games Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars Games Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

To celebrate the Vault Project's 6th anniversary we present this unseen footage from Star Wars: 1313 showing Boba Fett in action. Very interesting to see considering the famous E3 demo showed off a version of the game prior to the character switch.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dynasty Warriors developers want to make a Star Wars Musou game

“A lot of different IP and works have been brought up”

Dynasty Warriors series producer Akihiro Suzuki has revealed that he would like to make a Star Wars Musou game.

Speaking to JPgames, the producer mentioned that there are often discussions within his team about which IP they’d love to work on.

“Within the dev team, a lot of different IP and works have been brought up,” he said. “This is solely my own opinion, but my own personal wish would be for a Star Wars crossover.”

The producer also revealed his hopes for the Dynasty Warriors series going forward, specifically with how the move to the current generation of consoles may impact future games.

“I’d like to be able to increase the sense of immersion into the battlefield through more realistic depictions, especially through the visual representation and the individual movement (AI) of every single soldier,” he said. “Also, if we can have multiple people playing simultaneously online, that would be really fun.”

EA recently announced three new Star Wars projects from Respawn Entertainment, including a sequel to Jedi Fallen Order.

As well as the sequel, a Star Wars first-person shooter game is being helmed by former LucasArts veteran and Medal of Honor co-creator Peter Hirschmann, who has previously worked on the original Battlefront games, The Force Unleashed and more.

Respawn’s third Star Wars project is a strategy game developed through a production collaboration with Bit Reactor, which is a new studio formed by veterans of XCOM and Civilization studio Firaxis Games.

Quantic Dream, the independent developer behind narrative games Detroit and Heavy Rain, also recently announced Star Wars Eclipse, which is reportedly inspired The Last of Us.

Source: VGC

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

“What is your next move, Jedi?”

Experience the next chapter of Cal Kestis’ journey in STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor - coming in 2023.

Picking up five years after the events of STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order, Jedi: Survivor is a third person, narrative-driven action-adventure game from Respawn Entertainment, developed in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games.

Experience the follow-up to the acclaimed original RPG STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ in this epic story set in the darkest days of the Old Republic.

STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords will be available on June 8, 2022, for Nintendo Switch. Pre-order today: either the digital product, or the digital bundle with STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™, on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

The Sith Lords Restored Content DLC will be available post-launch as free DLC in the Nintendo eShop.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Star Wars Eclipse will reportedly introduce a new race, and focus on a political conflict

Story details allegedly appear for Quantic Dream’s RPG

New Star Wars Eclipse details have reportedly emerged, claiming the game will introduce a new race to the Star Wars Universe.

Story details, including some of the main characters, have also been described in a new report from Sacred Symbols (paywalled, transcribed by VGC).

The game, which was announced during The Game Awards last year, is reportedly still in very early production.” This game, as far as I can tell, is not even really in production yet,” said Sacred Symbols host Colin Moriarty.

The podcast then goes on to describe documents provided to them which appear to give an overview of one of the game’s main characters, as well as their motivations. The podcast also notes that the game is being co-written by David Cage and Adam Williams, who have previously helmed other Quantic Dream titles.

“Materials seen by this podcast describe a so-called Project S, with a character named Sarah as the lead. Sarah is described as an athletic 30-something and is a member of a human-like race. This race is at the lead of some sort of empire called The Zaraan, a race not seen in Star Wars before.

“It prides itself on political and military aggression and similar to what you find elsewhere in Star Wars there’s little differentiation between males and females when it comes to roles and responsibilities. But, there’s an interesting wrinkle, when Zaraan marries, their nuptials carry interesting military implications as they become one governing unit that works together.

“This is a problem, because Sarah, a fanatical true believer in the violence and criminality regularly demonstrated by her empire, is married to a character named Xendo, who is a far softer touch. Part of the game seems to revolve around these two characters and their relationship.”

This “empire” seemingly refers to the Zaraan faction, not the Galactic Empire seen during the Skywalker era of Star Wars. Star Wars Eclipse takes place at least 200 years before Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

It’s unclear if this plot is the one that will be used for the final game, as little to nothing official has emerged about the project since it was first announced during The Game Awards.

In December, it was confirmed that Eclipse is set in the High Republic era. The game was announced during The Game Awards.

“Star Wars Eclipse is the first video game to be set in an uncharted region of the Outer Rim during The High Republic era, known as the golden age of the Jedi,” Quantic Dream said.

“The game will build upon Quantic Dream’s expertise in delivering deeply branching narratives and will go beyond their already established acclaim. Player’s choices will be at the heart of the experience, as every decision can have a dramatic impact on the course of the story.”

The first trailer shows off impressive visuals including footage of Yoda and the planet of Naboo.

Source: VGC

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dark-forc ... =join_link
big file but looks like it should be fun

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor looks to improve upon Fallen Order in all of the right ways. Check out our full hands-on preview based on about five hours of playtime with Respawn's upcoming sequel to Jedi: Fallen Order.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I want a remake of Yoda Stories.

Still top down, but with 8K visuals and Dolby Atmos sound.
Surely that can be done?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

You can still play the original Yoda Stories on Windows 11. It's not 8k though.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Really? The original works on 11?

That's AMAZING! I'm gonna find my copy... Fuck knows where it ended up, might be at the VERY back under the house, but I know I still have it.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Google it and you will find it on abandonware sites.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:16 am Google it and you will find it on abandonware sites.
I only do that for games I don't already own and games that for some reason cost $586,000 for a real copy.

The satisfaction of finding my real copy, and it still working can't be beat! If my copy no longer works for whatever reason, then yes a google and an abandonware site will be used.
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »