Video Game & Tech Videos Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Video Game & Tech Videos Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Shuhei Yoshida chats with YOKO TARO, Yosuke Saito, and Keiichi Okabe about their work in the NieR series.

Together they discuss the early development of the NieR series and its connections to the Drakengard series; the early development of NieR: Automata and critical decisions regarding the gameplay, story, and music; deciding to release a new version of NieR: Replicant for overseas fans; and their thoughts on current development both inside and outside of Japan.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Here's a 5-part doco made and released by Obsidian.

In June of 2003, five game developers came together to build something new. Hear the story of how Obsidian Entertainment began from four of its founders and get an insightful look into the development process of the studio's first games in part one of this multi-part series.

The look back on the past 20 years of Obsidian Entertainment continues after losing one project and is followed up with one of their biggest games yet with Fallout: New Vegas. Hear stories on New Vegas, Dungeon Siege III, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and even the canceled Stormlands in part two of this multi-part series.

After two big cancellations and unsure where to immediately turn to, Obsidian Entertainment attempts to take on crowdfunding with Project Eternity, the game that would become Pillars of Eternity. With finding it's funding from over 70,000 amazing fans, learn the stories of how this came to be as well as what it took to finish South Park: The Stick of Truth and tales about Pathfinder Adventures and Armored Warfare!

The look back on 20 years of Obsidian Entertainment hits it's penultimate episode! Told by those that helped make the games happen, hear stories about Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, and the start of another new IP from the studio, The Outer Worlds.

In the finale of our multi-part documentary series, hear from the founders of Obsidian Entertainment on their being acquired by Microsoft as well as stories about The Outer Worlds, Grounded, Pentiment, Avowed, and the future of the company.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

This video covers our serious concerns regarding the data accuracy of Linus Media Group, including Linus Tech Tips, ShortCircuit, and TechQuickie, particularly as it relates to rushing content out the door to favor -- by staff's own admission -- quantity over quality. As the company continues to expand into its LTT Labs direction, the importance of accurate data increases; however, even as 'only' entertainment, there are still certain responsibilities to the consumer and the manufacturers to report fairly (and to have defined corrections processes in place). We tried to approach this as objectively as possible and hope that viewers are able to listen to the evidence we present, particularly as it relates to significant and frequent data errors that now present in nearly every technical review video.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I did wonder if LTT would show up anywhere on BG. What an absolute shit show. I've unsubbed from LTT

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yeah it's a bit of a mess.

I normally only watch a Linus video every couple of months when they review something a little out of the ordinary. For GPU/CPU tests & reviews I mainly just watch Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unboxed.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They are pausing video uploads for a week.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I watched that last night. I can't tell if the fake out sponsor ads were either cringe or funny.

The fact they pay-walled this on floatplane for a while also shows how fucked the company is.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I finally escaped L1nus on YouTube and you bring him to BG?

I watched one video at the dawn of YouTube and decided he was annoying as fuck, and didn't actually know what the shit he was talking about... His dogshit videos spent the next decade (or what feels like century) showing up in my suggestions.. I tell YouTube not to suggest this channel anymore, and they still did... T3ch t1ps is like a fucking cancer, and even when you thought it was gone he creeps back in. Finally get rid of the cunt from any suggestions at all and now here he is, in my life again.. I'm not typing his name into chrome, as I am sure Google will see it and I'll have his videos show up again the one time a week I want to watch YouTube.

Being logged into YouTube when I watched a single of his videos was the biggest mistake of my life.
The second biggest mistake was watching a single R4ndy F3ltf4c3 video... But at least after I watched that 30 second clip and YouTube wanted me to watch literally everything he did and nothing else, when I told YouTube to fuck off suggesting him, they actually fucked the videos off... Unlike L1nu5 videos.

I do love how Steve at gamers nexus can talk for 940 consecutive minutes about stuff that could be done in 20 seconds though, it shows a passion and level of detail bordering on psychotic. I love that level of pedantic and painstaking attention to detail in people talking about technology, even if half the time I find myself not watching a video because I don't have a spare 9 hours to see which $15 thermal paste is 0.00005 of a degree better.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

ian wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:30 amI do love how Steve at gamers nexus can talk for 940 consecutive minutes about stuff that could be done in 20 seconds though
I’m glad I’m not the only one that felt that watching his video. He has a way of using too many words to say very little.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The id software classic is masterfully updated for the modern era thanks to the brilliant Nightdive Studios - with an assist from Machine Games, who've brought a brand new mission to the game. John Linneman revisits the history of Quake 2, compares every version of the new release and stacks up the various enhancements. Available to buy at a very low price, available on Game Pass, or as a free upgrade on PC, this is a simply phenomenal new version of a truly legendary game.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

12! Hour! Video!

From the nostalgic allure of arcade classics to today's groundbreaking franchises, this video chronicles the pivotal milestones, innovations, and controversies that have sculpted the industry. Enriched with insights from industry experts, meticulous analyses, and riveting narratives, it unveils the tales behind iconic games and consoles, as well as hidden treasures that have profoundly influenced the gaming realm. Catering to both seasoned gamers and those intrigued by the cultural significance of video games, this immersive visual journey captures the essence of gaming's illustrious past and its bright future. Join me in this continuous exploration, honoring the dedication, ingenuity, and camaraderie that have propelled gaming to its celebrated status.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Game Chasers are back once again as they hit up a flea market looking for retro games to buy. Along the way they discover that no one wants to make a deal, leaving them to look foolish as they "insult" someone with a fair offer. Then as luck would have it, Billy runs into something you never see in the wild these days, a vintage computer called the Apple II....for what might be a sweet deal.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The RetroTINK-4K is the latest evolution of the RetroTINK line of video line doublers and upscalers - and it's a gamechanger. It comes bundled with so many different options and it will handle just about everything you throw at it. But it doesn't come cheap at $750 USD. I've spent the past week testing one out and I wanted to share my thoughts in this comprehensive deep dive with many different systems tested. Big thanks to Mike Chi for sending one out for me to take a look at on the channel. Please enjoy!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

In this episode we take a look at Sega's Katana DevKit, or the Dreamcast game development tool made by Sega in co-operation with CPL.

NHL 94 is largely considered one of the best sports games ever made. 30 years after its release we talk to the developers about that era of sports game design and the magic that went into the development of NHL 94.

After months of waiting for shipments and soldering parts together, my PS2 is now complete. This hosts a ton of different mods that has worked to modernize the system completely for 2024 and beyond.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

@Skynet @Matisfaction

Your favourite Youtuber has turned 50. Watch him talk about himself for an agonizing 14 minutes.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Happy Geriatric Gamer