The GTA Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The GTA Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

GTA: Watch Dogs

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

There looks like there has been some possible legit GTA6 leaks. They are all over the net at the moment but will probably be deleted.

https://gtaforums.com/topic/985481-gta- ... agevideos/

https://mega.nz/folder/rmhChBRY#SoZcV6XM4tNfeehKJifcDg

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

It certainly looks real. That seems like a pretty major leak, wonder how they got it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The rumor is that the person that hacked Uber also did this leak.

Game

Real Life

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It might be a cross-gen game. If it doesn't come until 2024 then that means PS4 and Xbox One will be getting a AAA game 11 years after the systems came out.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:41 am
GTA floppy wiener edition

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I am happy it appears to be in Vice City.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I always feel bad when a major title gets a huge leak like this, but this one feels especially painful. This is nearly a decade of work by hundreds of employees thrown into chaos by a single person. I would feel like I was punched in the stomach if I were at Rockstar seeing this today.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:05 pm
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I'm actually laughing over here. Brilliant!
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

"We are extremely disappointed to have any details of our next game shared with you in this way"
how hard would it have been to tweet "Next GTA game will be in Vice City" 4 years ago after they were done with RDR2?
Or "Next GTA game scheduled for 2024" instead of milking 5 for every fucking cent it's worth or even WHILE milking 5 for every cent it's worth would have been fine too.
I wouldn't have even clicked play if there was a release date and some concrete facts tweeted.

I don't watch any of the rumour videos that are full of shit or reaction videos, or any of the other bullshit people make up...
These leaks looked real, so you know what? I watched them and then they were taken down for copyright infringement, confirming the game is real. I've wanted a GTA game since the second I finished GTA 5, 9 years ago. I even bought copies for friends when it finally came to PC.

I'd be a lot more sympathetic if GTA 5 hadn't have been re-released 400 god damn times. And then they outsourced the Trilogy to a bunch of fucking hacks and then slapped their logo on it.

I understand making AAA games is a MASSIVE task, but there's epic undertakings and then there's simply taking the piss out of loyal customers. Rockstar have been taking the piss for 5 years now.

GTA 5 was the last game I preordered, and last game I went to a midnight launch for, the first game I played at 4K and it holds a special place in my heart. Christ, my current desktop background is a screenshot I took the first time I played GTA 5 in 4K... GTA 5 holds that special place along with all of the GTA's I've purchased and finished which is every single one aside from the trilogy. So for me to have no sympathy for them, you can guarantee that they have been fucking up royal.

Rockstar crying fucking victim won't be making me line up for this next one because they simply broke the trust after 20 years, and I am sure this leak will have zero effect on how much they can milk it. It will sell higher than probably anything ever, so they don't get pity.
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:12 amRockstar crying fucking victim won't be making me line up for this next one because they simply broke the trust after 20 years, and I am sure this leak will have zero effect on how much they can milk it. It will sell higher than probably anything ever, so they don't get pity.
Don't forget the fact that I'm sure they'll find a way to sell you GTA6 multiple times. I already bought 5 on the 360, XB1, then PC. I've lost a lot of faith in Rockstar since the GTA 5 release, not to mention the fact they don't give a shit about RD Online. I love RDR2, one of my favourite games of the generation, if not ever. RDO isn't compelling enough to come back to. GTA Online is just full of hackers and microtransactions.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

looks like they found the source