Brodie Lee Dead At 41

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Brodie Lee Dead At 41

Post by Bandit »

Wow, this is shocking.

Rumors are he had lung cancer and didn't tell anyone until a few months ago.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Brodie Lee Dead At 41

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Fucking horrible. RIP.

2020 can end now please.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Holy shit, that's terrible news.

RIP Brodie Lee

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Still really at a loss for words over Brodie's passing. I think I've spoken highly of him in the past in the AEW topic in regards to him having a lot of untapped potential and being somebody who could legit be the #1 heel in the company.

He took the Dark Order and turned them around in like 5 months and I couldn't believe it was that short amount of time he was with AEW but it seems like much longer as he already cemented himself as a huge part of the roster.

The BTE segments he was apart of were genuinely laugh out loud hilarious. Just great. That behind his heel character he was universally liked and known as such a family man who loved his family, is really a testament to what a good guy he was.

The AEW tribute show will be very difficult to watch, as this weeks BTE was, but it's really super cool that they are paying their respects. Amazing the positive impression he made in such a short amount of time. Which again is testament to the type of person that he was. I read an article saying that in the 80s he'd fit right in with the WWF and feuding with Hogan and I definitely agree with that 100%.

Brodie had tons of untapped potential and the match with Cody and how he turned them around into being seen as a credible faction speaks volumes. It's such a shame we won't see him reach the top where he belonged because Brodie Lee had all the tools to be a top guy. Even sadder though that is that his family and friends will miss not Brodie Lee, or Luke Harper the pro wrestler, but Jon Huber the man.

That he was praised and had so many positive tributes mean he will be sorely missed. BTE and Dynamite won't be the same without him. The skit where they wrote on the mirror and his response was legit laugh out loud funny. As was him throwing his papers at Uno and Silver and putting them & Reynolds and the other DO in order.

Brodie Lee was great and I'm sure AEW will put on a great tribute on Wednesday...you know what that means...

RIP :(

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:54 am Brodie Lee was great and I'm sure AEW will put on a great tribute on Wednesday...you know what that means...
Nice post, BBM. It should be a good show and a fitting tribute.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I'll be watching Dynamite tomorrow. Unsure if I'll do one of my usual review/recaps tho.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks Zoidy. It really goes to show how much of a positive impact that Brodie had made in AEW that they are putting on a tribute show. Since he was there for 5-6 months they could put out a video package and tribute graphic. That they are going all in and putting a show together in his memory shows that AEW and Tony Khan are good people.

Brodie was in WWE from 2012 til he requested his release and WWE could have put on a Luke Harper tribute with Bray, Braun etc sharing their thoughts (even just during the show) and it would have been fitting. That he was part of AEW didn't really have to come into the equation.

I read WWE apparently did record a video package but it's not known when they'll show it. I think considering he was part of the Wyatt Family and was so universally liked by everyone they could have easily paid tribute and I think a lot of fans would have appreciated WWE doing so. They didn't really even need to mention him being in AEW, just that he wrestled for another organisation.

What would be another cool tribute is like a Brodie Lee memorial cup where you could have the best wrestlers from AEW, ROH, NWA, Impact etc compete in the tournament each year with the proceeds going to his family. WWE allowing those who were friends with Brodie to compete in it too would be a nice gesture on their part. WWE also have the footage to put out a documentary on the Network then put out a DVD/Blu Ray with the doc and matches, promos etc on.

Outside of WWE, maybe AEW, ROH,JAPW, Dragon Gate USA, Chikara and other promotions he worked could work together to put out a best of set too.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

AEW is such a class act. What time does Dynamite end so I can look for it online?

WWE aren't going to do anything to honor one of their best employees that they misused and let go because Vince is a cunt.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It runs 8-10 so start looking at 11 or midnight.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Thanks bud.

Gonna have some tissues handy for this one.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »