Elden Ring thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Elden Ring thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Apparently this is a popular game that came out recently. Not that popular at BG though!

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Elden Ring thread

Post by melancholy »

I want to play it, but I know I will suck at it and not finish it, so it makes me hesitant to spend full price on it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Same. I'll get it eventually but the difficulty level puts me off.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I have a very special tradition when it comes to AAA RPGs: Buy them at 75% off and never play them :olol: It all started with Skyrim for me, so 11 years and counting!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

- Compared to the network test the game's fps is worse and tweaked graphical setting added volumetric mist and improved shadow draw distance
- PS5 has higher fps compared to Xbox series X in both modes some times can be up too 8fps
- Xbox Series x VRR supports helps mitigate the dropped frames in performance mode
- They refused to give a winner in the Resolution even thought they admitted that frame to frame comparison proved that ps5 would have a higher resolution
- Loading times on ps5 is 3 times faster compared to Xbox series s/x
- Fixed 4k on PS5 and Xbox Series X in quality mode 1440p for Series S
- Dynamic 4k on PS5 and Xbox Series X bound between 1512p-2160p Series S between 1008p-1440p in Performance Mode

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hidden Elden Ring Colosseum Now Shown ‘Functioning’ by Elden Ring Dataminer

Remember the hidden Elden Ring Colosseum that we reported on last month? Well, someone has managed to get the locked location ‘working’.

The inaccessible location was discovered by known Souls miner “Lance McDonald” last month. In a video, the reputable leaker showed the in-game location and how to get there. Unfortunately, at that point, the Colosseum itself didn’t appear to be working. Fast forward one month and miner “Sekiro Dubi” now has the location functioning. At least, to some degree. As shown in a new video, the miner used a standalone map editor called “DS Map Studio” in order to get into the colosseum in the Leyndell area. Apparently, these colosseums “are remains of a bygone era before Radagon became King Consort”, and in the video, we can clearly see a knight battling a giant lion in the colosseum. This suggests that, at some point, FromSoftware intended to include the location for gladiator fights within Elden Ring.

“I mean it's possible it was cut from the game so it can later be re-purposed as DLC or something? But at least we can see how it once functioned to some degree now”, Lance McDonald wrote in a reaction to this newly released video.

Whether this colosseum content was cut at some point, or the team still aims to include it for an upcoming DLC remains to be seen. Still, it’s an interesting discovery that we wanted to share. Check out the new Elden Ring hidden Colosseum video down below:

Elden Ring is available globally now for PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. Last week we reported on a new upcoming mod for the PC version that aims to offer a full co-op experience. Features for this upcoming modification include enemy scaling, voting, synced map waypoints, a stackable debuff mechanic, and more.

Source: WFFTech

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I feel like the kid that crashed the acceptance speech belongs in the Cringe Thread.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It was weird shit. I'll post the clip in that thread.