When Shenmue 4 comes out....

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

When Shenmue 4 comes out....

Post by Calavera »

I want Shenmue I and II to be fully playable in the arcade.

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: When Shenmue 4 comes out....

Post by melancholy »

I just want the story to end. Why can we not just get an ending?

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:56 am I just want the story to end. Why can we not just get an ending?
I have no idea. You'd have thought Shenmue 3 would have wrapped the story up since we have been waiting 19 years but nope. I did enjoy Shenmue III but it barely did anything to continue the story let alone finish it. You do all that shit in Shenmue III and it ends up not mattering at all. You finally get to the big fight with Lan Di and Ryo can't even land one punch and then Lan Di gets away. It was ridiculous.

It doesn't really seem likely that Shenmue 4 will ever be made. I know originally the creator had it planned as this big epic that spanned something like 7 games. He needs to throw that idea away and just finish the damn story! From what I've seen Yu Suzuki is very out of touch with the gaming world. One reason Shenmue was amazing originally is because there was nothing else like it. It might not seem like much now but being able to just walk around and do what you wanted was really cool back then. It would have been nice if Shenmue III would have brought some new innovations.

At this point I'd be happy if they finished the story with a movie that was done with the Dreamcast graphics. Just something to finish it.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Did you read my review? Shenmue 3 did finish the story...
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.