Post every time you buy a new game, console, or accessory

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Post every time you buy a new game, console, or accessory

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ooooh, very nice!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Pokemon Arceus (SWitch)

It's been discounted due to Prime Day.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

4TB SSD for my PS5, gave me an odd graphical glitch on Spiderman earlier just after installing it & testing with an old screen saver type effect for a second, seens to be behaving now, very odd & bloody tough to get into the system to put it in it doesn't seem to like being opened despite being designed to

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Blue Dragon (Xbox Series X)
Dungeons of Dreadrock (Switch)
Fury Unleashed (Switch)
Golf Club: Wasteland (Switch)
Bitfunx PS2 to HDMI-compatible Converter Adapter for SONY Playstation 2
Bitfunx DIY MX4SIO SIO2SD SD Card Adapter for PS2 Game Consoles + V1.966 64MB FMCB OPL1.2.0 Card Combo

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Need for Speed: High Stakes Aussie copy on PS1.
The Operative: No One Lives Forever on PS2.
Forza Horizon 4 Xbox one.

I don't think Horizon 4 is quite as good as 3 was so far, and I got really excited for the top gear events before remembering that top gear didn't have top gear hosts when the game was made, just some fucking randos, so I got angry at some random fucking goober telling me about cars while I was driving.
I wanted Clarkson to be shouting POWER!!! at me constantly through all the challenges, but it was someone who's name I can't even be bothered to remember 4 hours later (it wasn't stuck in second gear and it wasn't Chris Evans)
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

So I got my arcades cabinets and they're both built.

I have MKII, Marvel Pinball and when I can be bothered shuffling everything around the SFII cabinet will go next to the pinball. Then to the right of that is my racing rig. Now that I have all these things I need to find time to use them :(

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

18TB WD Elements external drive, kinda pissed it only shows as 16.3, was expecting to lose a bit as you always do from the stated sive but damn, really glad I didnt go for a 16TB model now. Still at least I got it last week in Amazons sale so I sazed a bit on it so its not all bad, just time consuming to move stuff to it

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:13 pm So I got my arcades cabinets and they're both built.

I have MKII, Marvel Pinball and when I can be bothered shuffling everything around the SFII cabinet will go next to the pinball. Then to the right of that is my racing rig. Now that I have all these things I need to find time to use them :(
Looking at and admiring them are the best reasons to buy an arcade cabinet! :owink: I'd thought I would be a Street Fighter champion after building one, but alas there never seems to be time for that.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Guitar Hero II Xplorer Controller (X360)

I bought it broken off of Facebook for $30 cash. I'm hoping it's an easy fix. Taking it apart and getting the old switches desoldered was easy, so here's hoping it goes well.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:05 am
Skynet wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:13 pm So I got my arcades cabinets and they're both built.

Looking at and admiring them are the best reasons to buy an arcade cabinet! :owink: I'd thought I would be a Street Fighter champion after building one, but alas there never seems to be time for that.
I'd love a proper one sometime, but my Arcade1Up will do for now. I have my own full sized one I made with a pre-cut kit from ebay. It's not bad, it's just not great. :olol: I'll probably mod the SFII cabinet and chuck a Pi in that, I'll use the Pi that was driving my full sized one and chuck a PC into that.
pixel wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:08 am Guitar Hero II Xplorer Controller (X360)

I bought it broken off of Facebook for $30 cash. I'm hoping it's an easy fix. Taking it apart and getting the old switches desoldered was easy, so here's hoping it goes well.
I finally got an Xplorer this year. Prices are obscene in AU. I paid AU$100 and because I was working, my gf had to drive 20 mins each way to go get it.

I have almost 20 GH/RB guitars. I think about 3 drumkits, 1 Keytar, and you don't even want to know how many microphones.

Side note, my Clone Hero folder has about 6000 songs. :olol: I'm hoping you've played that, Pixel? Or Phase Shift?

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pm

I'd love a proper one sometime, but my Arcade1Up will do for now. I have my own full sized one I made with a pre-cut kit from ebay. It's not bad, it's just not great. :olol: I'll probably mod the SFII cabinet and chuck a Pi in that, I'll use the Pi that was driving my full sized one and chuck a PC into that.
After building one from scratch for the first time, I should've just done a kit. :olol: Had a great time building it, but I bit off way more than I chew with that project. There were dumb decisions made, like having the monitor power button coincidentally next to the trackball.

I finally got an Xplorer this year. Prices are obscene in AU. I paid AU$100 and because I was working, my gf had to drive 20 mins each way to go get it.

I have almost 20 GH/RB guitars. I think about 3 drumkits, 1 Keytar, and you don't even want to know how many microphones.

Side note, my Clone Hero folder has about 6000 songs. :olol: I'm hoping you've played that, Pixel? Or Phase Shift?
Prices are about the same around here too for the Xplorer. I might try to get a few more guitars and a drum kit would be nice. I had a Rock Band kit, but I let my sister's ex-boyfriend borrow it and I never got it back. :frown:

Clone Hero is awesome, I checked it out before I picked up the controller. Biggest thing for me is reliving my Guitar Hero 2/Rock Band days, so I've got all those songs downloaded. I can't wait to fire up Surrender and Carry On My Wayward Son again.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:49 am

After building one from scratch for the first time, I should've just done a kit. :olol: Had a great time building it, but I bit off way more than I chew with that project. There were dumb decisions made, like having the monitor power button coincidentally next to the trackball.

Prices are about the same around here too for the Xplorer. I might try to get a few more guitars and a drum kit would be nice. I had a Rock Band kit, but I let my sister's ex-boyfriend borrow it and I never got it back. :frown:

Clone Hero is awesome, I checked it out before I picked up the controller. Biggest thing for me is reliving my Guitar Hero 2/Rock Band days, so I've got all those songs downloaded. I can't wait to fire up Surrender and Carry On My Wayward Son again.
I took a guess at my song count before, so I just re-scanned the folder. It's 5070 songs with ~60 bad songs. Not a bad effort. I do think I have more zipped somewhere that I've forgotten about.

I've also modded it to give it a more Rock Band feel as I always preferred RB over GH.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

:rofl: Okay yeah, I gotta check out the user-created charts

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

That's a smooth transition from the Mii song to September.

I've been big on Davie504 content in the last 3-4 months so when I found some charts people made I was all over them. :olol:
https://www.youtube.com/c/Davie504/featured

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Steam)
Monster Sanctuary (Steam)
Outbuddies DX (Steam)
Lamp Head (Steam)
Aragami (Steam)
Wayward Souls (Steam)
Mindustry (Steam)

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (PC) yeah I got the older bits of it already but the chapter they added might be fun & for £1.23 while its on sale I cant moan, better than £14.99 anyway, good thing I saw the green man gaming deal as its gone in 22 & a half hours, if only Minecraft would drop like that I may be tempted to try it again

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

State of Decay 1 + 2 (Steam)
The Forest (Steam)
UnderMine (Steam)

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Horizon Forbidden West: Special Edition (PlayStation 4)

That might be the last latest release PS4 game I get. It's 45% off on Amazon and that version comes with the free PS5 upgrade, if I ever get a PS5.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:42 pm Horizon Forbidden West: Special Edition (PlayStation 4)

That might be the last latest release PS4 game I get. It's 45% off on Amazon and that version comes with the free PS5 upgrade, if I ever get a PS5.
My PS5 has been sitting in the box in my bedroom for about a month or so :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:26 pm My PS5 has been sitting in the box in my bedroom for about a month or so :olol:
:olol:

I've mainly just been playing on latop, so will upgrade that soon-ish.

As for the PS5, I'll get one eventually but I'm not going to fight for for one or pay above RRP. I've got the XSX and the laptop for 3rd party games so I'm not really desperate for one.

The PS4 version of Horizon FW still looks good, it's just 1080p/30fps instead of 4k/60. The only thing I'm a little worried about is the loading, which will be slow and I'm used to the quickness of XSX now.