What music are you listening to / buying

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: What music are you listening to / buying

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I don't mind that one but this is my fave Malcolm McLaren song:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Good news! This song is on Spotify again:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

:yep: Great find, it's on the Senseless OST of all places

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

The Pride dance mix and a lot of Pansy Division.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:18 am :yep: Great find, it's on the Senseless OST of all places

PM Dawn was making great stuff back then that nobody heard. It's too bad they weren't a little younger so could have been in the Soulquarians era of R&B with D'Angelo, Erykah Badu, The Roots, Maxwell, Musiq, and Common. I think they would have been understood then, but in the 90s nobody got it. People just wanted gangsta rap or the horny R&B trope R. Kelly popularized. It's no fun being 10 years ahead of your time.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

New bop just dropped

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I've not gone crazy, but I've been listening to the music from Thomas the Tank Engine. The theme music has been memed to death, and rightly so because it fucking slaps.

But a lot of the tracks (Particularly all the instrumentals of the 80's) are simply beautiful pieces of music. It's been hours now, it just sounds so amazing.
Speaking of sounding amazing, they should get Ringo Starr to narrate every single episode of Thomas before he dies. He has one of the best voices ever, and Thomas NEEDS him!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

You're not as crazy as the producers who decided we needed Shining Time Station in the U.S. :olol: This is deeply embedded in my brain:

For me, it's the Price is Right music that sends me back.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This was a crazy idea that turned out to be awesome. Kudos to the person who thought it up. A Rick James hard rock album would have been cool.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I've been listening to Calvin Harris for some reason. I can't explain what happened to Calvin Harris. Debut album was and is one of the greats of electronic music, and then the second album hit... And since that very instant it's all just shit that sounded exactly the same, derivative, flat out shit, or just wrong and it's a trend he's continued ever since.

Many acts are successful at making shit and derivative electronic music popular or even good. And Chromeo are successful at making each album sound exactly the same and staying amazing. And ALL of my favorite electronic acts are good at batshit insane stylistic changes that make no fucking sense whatsoever. So why hasn't Harris managed put out good music?

But despite the lack of liking his music other than the debut, I can't hate him. He's a good DJ and has done an amazing live show with tonnes of energy which is what you want.
And the fact I loved his first album right around the same time Daft Punk were doing a small little tour called Alive 2007 and showing that they were the best DJ's and Electronic composers in the world hands down by a large, large margin only adds to the sting that the next Calvin Harris album wasn't any good.

Harris and Justice were supposed to be the next generation of electronic music. What the hell happened?
Speaking of Justice, their second album didn't drop off like Harris' did as much as their debut Cross/†/Justice was a fucking amazing debut and they couldn't do that again. In fact, Justice will forever struggle to top their opening 7 minutes as far as absolute bangers go, so even when the newer stuff is good, you constantly get reminded of how much more amazing they have been... Justice were also great live.

I saw Harris in 2009 (performing mostly the new shit, but occasional good stuff and other peoples tracks) and he was a standout over Armin van Buuren, Digitalism, Boys Noize, Busy P, and DJ Mehdi.
I saw Justice in 2011 and they were the standout over David Guetta, Armand Van Helden, Chromeo who are the worst live band ever despite great studio work, Bob Sinclar and Erol Alkan.

TLDR: I'm listening to things and I have no idea why. I don't even like it.
and Cross/† by Justice has aged simply amazingly. I love it much more now than I did when it was new. Just skip track 3 and 8, and ignore that Thomas Bangalter had a track called Stress a good half decade earlier that shits all over Justices track called stress and this album would be probably the 5th best electronic album of this millennium.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Just watched Passenger 57 for the first time, and holy shit what a soundtrack gold mine of jazz fusion

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I watched the South Park 25 years concert.
Was a great watch/listen.

I wasn't expecting a song from Cannibal the Musical or Team America in there, and nor did I expect to see Les Claypool dressed up like in the intro. But I sure as fuck wasn't expecting Rush. I thought they stopped doing gigs like half a decade ago.

Trey was absolutely beaming on the stage. Everyone else was having a good time, but he seemed absolutely joyed to be doing it.

If they did more south park live shows, I would absolutely watch them.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

This gave me a big smile. I'm a simple man, I always love that song. It might be time to get the medical marijuana license and watch the whole thing

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

I'm a friend of Dorothy

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »