Forza Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Forza Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Re: Forza Thread

Post by Skynet »

Cool! I got bored for with FH2 quickly after playing the hell out of all the other Forza games, including FH, so this looks like it should change things up a bit. I'm looking forward to it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That map is a bit out of whack.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

That looks like a decent sized map. If only I knew more about the geography of NSW.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The 12 Apostles/Great Ocean Road is in Victoria (Geelong) and Byron Bay is in NSW, so there's one thing that's out of position.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I thought Great Ocean Road was Vic, confused me for a minute.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I was reading a JB catalogue and saw fh3 was set in Australia..

THAT'S WHAT A RACING GAME SHOULD BE.. STUPIDLY LOW SPEED LIMITS, stupid speed cameras and MORONS WHO CAN'T EVEN DRIVE THAT FAST!!
For realism The great ocean road should be you stuck behind some fuck stick with a caravan doing 30K's for an hour untill they get out of the way, then getting stuck behind another one 2 seconds later!
Cracking pace at 110KM/H!!!.. If you go 1k over 140, they should take your car and crush it for "hooning"

It's a shame too. without cameras, caravanists, cyclists and stupid 4WD's. great ocean road would be the greatest road on all the east coast of Australia.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

There are lots of complaints about FH3 running fairly poorly on the PC. It looks nice but getting it to run at 1080p60fps is a struggle. Looks like it's a DRM/CPU issue.

People are also having crashing and freezing issues.

The Xbox One version is apparently running nicely.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

XB1 runs at 30fps from what I can tell. I haven't seen any frame drops and it's not too bad, despite not being 60fps. I read an article on Kotaku from someone running an i7-6700, 1080 and 32GB RAM saying it runs at 60fps. With those specs I'd fucking hope so.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yeah you need pretty high specs to get it running at 60fps right now.

These are the XB1 settings: 1080p + 4xMSAA + 30fps + high textures + high world car detail + high reflection

They've done well with that version. The PC one will need a few patches.

The game vs real life Surfer's Paradise:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

In the real shots, there's cars and fucking buses everywhere.
Where are they in game?
I was up there in December, The roads are NOT the highlight of surfers paradise :olol: And that's not even counting all the stupid pedestrians kind of wandering everywhere in the streets!

I'd have put in The Carnavon Highway from Mungindi to Saint George in a racing game.
Fucking nothing in your way, and nothing to crash into if you come off the road. If I owned a Bugatti Veyron. I would max the thing on that road!

I am assuming in the game you can't run over pedestrians.. They could fix it by putting some in!
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

You know what's weird and you never think about it? A driving game where you drive on the proper side of the road. I always default to driving on the right hand side and just smash into oncoming traffic. :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Is there traffic in the game? or is it using real streets as circuits?

And in every racing game with traffic (and GTA) I just go right up the middle till something is in the way, Try and get around it, but just plow through it anyway!
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote:Is there traffic in the game? or is it using real streets as circuits?

And in every racing game with traffic (and GTA) I just go right up the middle till something is in the way, Try and get around it, but just plow through it anyway!
Just AI racers I think

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

As long as Forza 7 has better loading times than 4 did, I might be on board. 4's loading times were fucking insane compared to 3 (I haven't played 5 or 6 and probably won't), and Forza horizon 3 is pretty decent with its load times.

Also, They did a good job at emulating Australia in horizon 3 (not the accent, or events, or races, or traffic etc) But the roads, and specifically, the scenery are spot on, the roads have all been widened slightly. But smashing through the Yarra ranges in game is almost as good looking as actually driving through them in real life. And you never get idiots in your way :)
But for some reason, all the traffic is cars you can get in game. They should have made the traffic things like hyundai excels, toyota camrys, old shitty holden and ford sedans and Taxis..
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Forza 7 will have a 50GB day one patch. A 4k patch for Xbox One X will be released at a later date.

50GB!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Forza 7 will have a 50GB day one patch. A 4k patch for Xbox One X will be released at a later date.

50GB!
Are they at least going to let Australia pre-download the patch in advance so the game will be ready to play when it's released?
In fact, nope, it's too late already. No one in the country could download 50GB's in less than 2 weeks with the xbox's download speeds coupled with our fairly poor internet. :olol:
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »