The Sonic Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: The Sonic Thread (Sonic Mania & Project Sonic)

Post by Big Boss Man »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Making the looks match the games?
Stepping up the furry game?

Both options are probably correct
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's better than Kinect.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Activator Speedruns when?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's 30fps on Switch, 60fps on the other systems.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

It looks like the mobile port of a better racing game.

Take the second stage for example. It’s the same stage that’s in Transformed, but in that game there was stage hazards that eventually destroyed the entire track, creating new routes on every lap. This version removes all of that.

And honestly, I couldn’t even bare to watch anymore beyond that because of those voices. Good god, not only would they not shut up, but it lowered the music volume every time they talked. It was grating to say the least.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

So apparently this game is actually getting some pretty good reviews. I might have to step back my initial outlook and give it a try sometime.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Sonic Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I saw the movie tonight. It wasn't terrible. It wasn't a great movie by a long shot, but eh, I had some laughs. I'd watch a sequel.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:42 pm I saw the movie tonight. It wasn't terrible. It wasn't a great movie by a long shot, but eh, I had some laughs. I'd watch a sequel.

Got my tickets for the greatest Valentine's Day gift of all :olol: Now to find my furry costume and sashay around the theater

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

:olol: My Valentine's was come home, do some gardening, have chinese food then take my gf to see Sonic. :olol:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:05 am :olol: My Valentine's was come home, do some gardening, have chinese food then take my gf to see Sonic. :olol:
Gotta go fast! :rofl:

I texted my gf one more time before I bought the tickets, she was still down for going. :olol:

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

My wife vehemently opposed to going to Sonic. So much so that when I had the chance go get a cheap gaming laptop, she said ‘happy birthday, valentines, whatever you want it to be for just as long as I don’t have to go to that stupid Sonic movie.’

I’m taking the kids on Sunday instead.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:27 am
Skynet wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:05 am :olol: My Valentine's was come home, do some gardening, have chinese food then take my gf to see Sonic. :olol:

I texted my gf one more time before I bought the tickets, she was still down for going. :olol:
Funnily enough, my gf asked me before I even brought it up. :olol:
melancholy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:53 am My wife vehemently opposed to going to Sonic. So much so that when I had the chance go get a cheap gaming laptop, she said ‘happy birthday, valentines, whatever you want it to be for just as long as I don’t have to go to that stupid Sonic movie.’

The kids will probably like it.

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be. It wasn't too long. It was predictable, but still not awful. Jim Carrey is 90s Jim Carrey and ridiculously over the top. :olol:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:11 am

melancholy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:53 am My wife vehemently opposed to going to Sonic. So much so that when I had the chance go get a cheap gaming laptop, she said ‘happy birthday, valentines, whatever you want it to be for just as long as I don’t have to go to that stupid Sonic movie.’

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be. It wasn't too long. It was predictable, but still not awful. Jim Carrey is 90s Jim Carrey and ridiculously over the top. :olol:
We just got back and both thought it was a great movie. Much better than Detective Pikachu in terms of live-action video game movies.

A few parts were a little wonky but the comedy was really well done. Crazy Carl was a highlight for me, and I thought that Jim Carrey did great. I'm definitely excited for the inevitable sequel.

I do wish we could see a version with the old CGI model of Sonic :olol:

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:18 pm
Skynet wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:11 am

We just got back and both thought it was a great movie. Much better than Detective Pikachu in terms of live-action video game movies.

A few parts were a little wonky but the comedy was really well done. Crazy Carl was a highlight for me, and I thought that Jim Carrey did great. I'm definitely excited for the inevitable sequel.

I do wish we could see a version with the old CGI model of Sonic :olol:
Spoiler

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

We saw it yesterday. The movie was pretty great, but was definitely a bit too goofy. Not that I was expecting a movie about a talking hedgehog to be believable, but I wish the movie was just slightly more grounded. And what was up with Olive Garden?

But the funniest part was after the movie when I went to the restroom and as I was pissing, some random guy saw my Nintendo hoodie and leaned over the urinal wall to ask me when Doug Bowser was going to release Mother 3 in the US.